Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the lisbon treaty has been signed sealed and delivered, and we didnt have and now have no chance of having our say as a nation, what happend to democracy?
with the creeping influx of marginal parties such as the bnp why the hell cant our leaders see the dangers of ignoring what the country wants, leaving a lot of people feeling politicaly lost, i can see the growth of such parties growing in the coming years.
still what more could we expect from a dead party and an unelected pm :shake:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,094 Posts
I agree that it leaves a lot of people feeling unlistened to and unrepresented,like you say , not a good combination .

However in all honesty I don't think we, the electorate, or the Government ) of whichever party) , had any chance of avoiding it. We've been committed to it for years , this is all just dotting I's and crossing T's unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
bollocks

politics is bollocks they are all money grabbing cunts,stick to hotrods dont get political.:pmsl:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
fucking eu is the fourth reich, modern day fuckin nazi's !!!!!
i just dont understand how and why it was allowed to come to this shit !!

its obvious now why nu-lab have disarmed the country with gun and knife bans - so we've got nothing to take the fight to them with in the riots of tomorrow

i feel ashamed to be english, my granddad who fought and died for this shit hole must be turning in his grave :shake:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
politics is bollocks they are all money grabbing cunts,stick to hotrods dont get political.:pmsl:
until the eu deem them a danger, health n safety etc, not appropriate.......

totally agree with your sentiment though :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
how long will it be before we have to have a mot system like that in spain
where if it didnt come out of the factory with it on it wont get a mot ,,

i say give the bnp a go cant be as bad as this lot ,, can it

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,094 Posts
We are watching ( www.the-ace.org.uk) and believe me ..they are trying already. Chip tuning banned in Germany and an EU wide review taking place on all forms of tuning :( .Currently though rods , and some modified cars, are in the best place they've ever been :tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Sp per Kevs post. Check out the bottom of each page on here ...

It's not just there to add colour. It needs more sites behind it :tup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I disagree...We should join Europe and have our say properly. We already have a pound so weak that we can't import cheaply. America our allies use us to fight their wars and all they do is take. France gives immagrants camping and toilet facilities to settle them down ready for their cosy trip to England. Its time we moved on "Globalisation" is happening adjust or live with Noah and his Ark.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i cant agree with that, if we were sposed to join europe we wouldn't have floated away from it zillions of years ago,
no-one cant expect 27 different countries, with 27 different cultures and ideas to all of a sudden get along like best mates just because a bunch of corrupt mp's say they should, it cant and wont happen,

france and britain getting along for a start ?? yeah right :tdown:

the eu will end within 10 years in a huge european civil war that'll prob end in ww3 - we shouldn't be worried about india/iran etc having nukes, our real problems are a lot closer !!

"Globalisation" will happen imo, i just hope its not in my lifetime mind as i cant think of anything worse

and have our say ?? we have no voice to be heard anymore, as you say the pound is fucked (imo on purpose) so we have to accept the E as we'll 'all be better off', least thats what they'll tell us :tdown:

id rather we were the 51 state of america than having to have ANY ties other than trade links to europe

its a weak goverment thats let us get involed in oil wars with the east, wars that history has shown can not be won
and now our goverment is over there shoving democracy down their throats when we are denied it inspite of us being a democracatic nation !!
it only takes something like the shooting, no, murder of those latest 5 soldiers who were there tring to help and train the fuckers to show they dont want our fucking 'democracy'

i hate this fucked up country

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I disagree...We should join Europe and have our say properly. We already have a pound so weak that we can't import cheaply. America our allies use us to fight their wars and all they do is take. France gives immagrants camping and toilet facilities to settle them down ready for their cosy trip to England. Its time we moved on "Globalisation" is happening adjust or live with Noah and his Ark.
again we live in a democracy, and joining a european superstate should be the choice of each and every country, id vote against it, my personal choice, and if a vote went for it then thats all good, the majority would have spoken, but like i said, where was our choice in this, wheres our chance to say how we feel?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Trade would be fantastic if we weren't in Europe. We could be self sufficient and generate all our own food and power and when things go wrong we wouldn't have to rely on anyone to bail us out. We don't need their science or engineering or their muscle when it comes to voting for world affairs. We can just do it all ourselves and they will follow.

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
That's one thing you wouldn't get if we were the 51st state...
Irony

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
france and britain getting along for a start ?? yeah right :tdown:

the eu will end within 10 years in a huge european civil war that'll prob end in ww3 - we shouldn't be worried about india/iran etc having nukes, our real problems are a lot closer !!
Well the French would be no problem, apart from them going on strike and blocking ports.
Belgians would polish off rusty rifles and shrug their shoulders.
Italians just get in tanks and go in 5th reverse gear.

So that's 3 out of the way.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well the French would be no problem, apart from them going on strike and blocking ports.

haha, your prob right,

psst, wanna buy an italian rifle ?
never fired and only dropped once :tup:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts

Oh yes...
Our
Gauloise smoking, Snail chomping, Mistress keeping, Sheep burning, Motorway blocking, Blackpool tower copying, Wine drinking, Beret wearing, Bicycle riding, Monarch murdering, Guillotine building, Onion growing, WW2 collaborating, Garlic eating, Barn dwelling, Surrender monkey French Cousins

:incheek: :incheek: :incheek: :incheek: :incheek:

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
I reckon the frogs would be easy, given their hardware

·
Registered
8 Posts
once again the government betray us all:wanker:!
damn i wish guy fawkes had done what he intended:tup:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
once again the government betray us all:wanker:!
damn i wish guy fawkes had done what he intended:tup:
Ah...
Guy Fawkes,
A man who fought on the catholic, Spanish side in the wars of religion between the catholic and the protestants in the 17th century.
It was while fighting in Holland that he gained his explosives experience.

The plot, masterminded by Robert Catesby, was an attempt by a group of religious conspirators to kill King James I of England, his family, and most of the aristocracy, by blowing up the House of Lords in the Palace of Westminster during the State Opening of Parliament.
The plot itself may have been occasioned by the realisation by Protestant authorities and Catholic recusants (Religious Objectors) that the Kingdom of Spain was in far too much debt and fighting too many wars to assist Catholics in Britain.

The plotters reasoned that, with the Protestant king and his aristocracy out of the picture, the way would be clear for King Philip of Spain to restore the catholic throne in England and rout the Protestant church.

So, what was the Gunpowder plot?
Was it someone with a beef about parliament?
Or was it a group of religious fanatics intent on conducting a terrorist outrage by setting off a bomb under parliament and killing innocent people for their own ends?

Now, where have I heard that one before????

Plus de changement de choses plus elles restent la même chose

1 - 20 of 20 Posts