Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Dash Cam fitted to the car and it's just proved its worth.

Driving in Macclefiled today a car side swiped me on the approach to a roundabout and then appeared to drive off oblivious to what they had done.

In fact it turned out to be a nice old guy who did not know where to stop, but he was sure it was my fault and that I hit him. He had bpme going for a minute but the Dashcam tells the story and the clip is on its way to the insurance company.

He scraped both offside doors, front wing and front wheel and took the wing mirror for good measure. Given I drive a new XJ Jag it won't be cheap to fix.

·
Gear head
632 Posts
Looks like the cam paid off!

But... What the feck are you listening to!? :drunk:

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
Radio 4 :cry: The death station. I guarantee that within 15 min there will be a death, murder, disease, famine, disaster or some loss of life.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Honda Jazz....:shake:

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those scaffy me old mate.
Dash cam that is...not a Jizz.

Are they easy to set up?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use one of these

Maplin Journey Recorder 1080p GPS G-Sensor Micro SDHC (Used) | Maplin

plugs in to cigar lighter and as it cones with a long lead I am able to hide the cable really well. got it set to start on its own when it powers up, stays on fir an hour after parking up and records over itself automatically.

Can be set to start stop as you drive using the g sensor and you can have it recording your speed as well and show where you are on a google map when playing back? all clever stuff and easy to set up.

·
Stroker
5,470 Posts
Christ, that technology looks 'cheap' :eek:

Would be a great dash cam for the strip :D
Could record the afr, gearchanges and cussing. :pmsl:

·
Stroker
5,470 Posts
I aint got a *** lighter! can you record ok from the battery?
May only need it on for 12 seconds LOL

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
wish i'd had one of these in the wagon...at least once a day I had twats arguing with a scania... usually in small cars - like the Jazz...go figure!!!

and how the hell did he figure you hit him???? or was his wife directing him??? LOL

i'd love to play it back to him and say "now where did I hit you????"

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I aint got a *** lighter! can you record ok from the battery?
May only need it on for 12 seconds LOL
Jim, on my DBR I wired a *** lighter to the battery and sorted it that way, or you could wire it direct to the terminals, but with a fuse of course

1 - 20 of 23 Posts