Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've had a Mini 0801 dashcam for a while, which cost about £110 from a UK Ebay supplier last October. It's small, discreet and records in HD. Mine is stuck to the screen behind(in front of really) the rear view mirror, and isn't noticeable from inside or outside the car. I bought a 12v to mini-USB adapter, and wired that to an ignition switched live for the sunrooof; it switches on or off without me having to fiddle with it, or have visible wires running all over the place. A 16Gb MicroSD card records about 6 hours, but you're only really interested in the last 10 minutes. The free download Registratorviewer ties all the 5minutelong files together and matches them up with the GPS readings on Google maps.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Also, if you had hit him, his mirror would be knocked forwards, not backwards. Ironically, since I fitted mine about 8 months ago, I haven't even had a near miss.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.