Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bar owner where the guitar of my daughter got nicked brought us a new one. as present for the loss of her selfbought one i would like to customize it with bit of airbrushing.
any ideas of how make this guitar look more cool? she likes rock/hardrock (pearl jam, evanescence style)
few skulls or pinstripes or does anyone have a cool idea, i'm bit lost :)
PAscal

ibanez icemann:

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
Wow. What a nice thing to do.
The bit of the body that sticks out by the necklooks like someones jaw.....maybe something along the lines of a face with flamed hair over the whole thing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
First guitar I ever had I covered in obscure stickers I bought off the net. :pmsl:

How about keeping it black but add some nice flame effects? Or even some cool pinstriping? :D

Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bar owner is a top bloke !

Good luck with the design
long time friend, and fellow biker. and his son of 17 has bit of a crush on my daughter, might have helped a bit too :p

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
as i like similar music, for that style of guitar, Id say skulls faded/ghosted in, would suit the colour. flames also.

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Traditional flame job. Nice and simple to be seen from the crowd. Don't overdo any design it might look to busy. Excellent.

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
here's a pic of my bass guitar I did ages ago. I just wanted something simple on it, so airbrushed some passion purple pearl flames & a skull over the thing & lacquered it

here's a guitar I painting at the moment for a guy. I started this yesterday, so the exhausts aren't finished yet, got some more detailing to add, but it might give you some ideas. The rest of it is going to be painted to look like riveted ali panelling with a few bullet holes & be made to look like a WW2 fighter plane

if you need a hand give me a shout :tup:

cheers...Nige

·
richard rawlplug
8,132 Posts
rods n sods sticker....

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that popped my mind too, but i think it will be way out of my skills making that. looking at the flamed skull of Nige. think that i might be able to pull of myself.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would go for the metal flake too, but i would use several different base coat shades to incorporate stripes and maybe with a bit of engine turned silver or gold leaf, then a deep rich candy of your choice.
The effect won't be immediately obvious but when you look at it closely it will show up the design you have put onto it as various shades of the candy colour............absolutely stunning:smoke:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts