Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Meaner than a Junk Yard Dog was the name emblazened on the trunk, the Camaro of Dave Colbeck was actually called Street Fighter, and was it ever. Living in Wakfield in West Yorkshire it frequently shook the ground at the Leeds cruise. It was stripped and parted out when Dave aparently had a bad underpants moment in it, thats horesepower for ya!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Im pretty sure that this was bought by Tom Laffey for parts. I collected some engine bits from him and the shell was sat on a pallet in his yard in B'ham, mid eighties or later.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im pretty sure that this was bought by Tom Laffey for parts. I collected some engine bits from him and the shell was sat on a pallet in his yard in B'ham, mid eighties or later.
Is Dave Colbeck still around? I wonder what happened to shell. It looked mint.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Good looking young lad in the green & blue stripey top! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
And Dave Grady next to him, was this pic taken at the Street Machine Nationals?

Rog.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
That sounds about right. Someone in Birmingham bought it and was planning to pro street it. The back half was cut out and the project ended up being abandoned. I bought the narrowed 9" axle casing and a pair of 15"x15" Compomotive split rim slots with huge Firestone dirt trackers that were supposed to go under it. I didn't know Tom ended up with the remains though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There is footage from Ken and Bev Coleman that's on one of the timetravel dvd's, it shows Street Fighter in the early stages of being reworked as an early pro street car, cage, tubs etc ..
and yes I understand Tom Laffey did have it.
The pic of the car with Dave Grady next to it was taken at the Northern Street Confederacy do at Nostel Priory in summer 79. In the Hot Car feature of the event I think there's a pic of SG57 collecting a pot?

Darren W

Power Race Graphics

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
There is footage from Ken and Bev Coleman that's on one of the timetravel dvd's, it shows Street Fighter in the early stages of being reworked as an early pro street car, cage, tubs etc ..
What paintwork did it have then?-or was it the same

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's a bit of old cine footage that's included on that dvd, it's outside of someone's home garage and show's the car stripped out with cage in situ and narrow rear end - still Street Fighter paint

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It's a bit of old cine footage that's included on that dvd, it's outside of someone's home garage and show's the car stripped out with cage in situ and narrow rear end - still Street Fighter paint
Its outside Ken Colemans garage....... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Dave is still around he has a Mustang these days, Bry

1 - 20 of 50 Posts