Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
I was thinking of Dave's old green 5 Window when I read the title. Wondered if it still had the Reliant Regal speedo. Where did that one go?

·
not yet a coffin dodger
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Timetravel ive more DT photos somewhere, seem ive got to sort out my archive as well

you would love my video collection, 99% shot by me.
my parents moved from polegate, just round the corner to broad road, lower willingdon

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
I took these at a local school show.

A little bit of useless info, the front Centrelines on the 5 window now live on Henry, Malc Brown who owned Henry at the time traded the skinny Fentons that were on Henry for them. Also, the rather rare Holman & Moody 2x4 manifold seen in the last photo was borrowed from the 390FE that sat in, you guessed it, Henry at the time.

·
Tony Whitehouse
162 Posts

I'm assured that this is what the Assassinater has morphed into. It's been owned by Mark 'Del' Allport for many years now.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Really? Who unchopped & untubbed it?

·
Tony Whitehouse
162 Posts
Body was swapped many years ago by 'Wacky Racers' in the black country, the old body having been part of the car pictured for a long time.

Update: Del tells me that the owner of this car is Mick Miles and the body has now been swapped to a 5 window.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hello, Del untubbed it and Steve Potter did the chasis. The only original bit left is the chasis from grille to back of door and roll cage. Everything else has been changed by Wacky. It now belongs to our 5yr old daughter Millie, well if you ask her it does!!

I will sort pics of it in different states.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I've got a pic of it up against my old Humber ( the hustler ) at the pod , Dave backed off half track still blew my doors off !

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi all rea the history of the assassinater coupe I know that there are a lot of people out there with knowledge story's and photos ect and would like to ask has anyone got any more details pictures previous build information ect of the previous incarnations changes over the cars many years I ask only as I am the present Castodion of the car which is presently undergoing changes and updates and upgrades, and would like to know more about the past changes and the history of the vehicle thanks to all Martin
Ps will try and post up pictures as soon as I can work out how to do so have some in my profile album but cannot seem to be able to post them up here? Or off of my iPad? Still am a dim whitted tecnofobe!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Picked this one up from somewhere, snapped at HRD 2014

Thanks tony this is how I have her now at the start of upgrades new boots n shiney wheels... Ford axels chevy stud pattern didn't see that one coming big thanks to Northants tyres for the hassle free rea order/swap over just shows measure twice and take nothing for Granted?

·
Registered
169 Posts
shots taken with roll cage remains removed and new rubber and wheels btt much more has been done and being done allthough the overall look hasent changed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts