Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting to a stage where it says that i have used my quota for uploading photos, so i go to the end of my attatchments & delete a page as an ongoing thing, just realised though that it looks like when you delete them it also of course takes them off the threads so anyone looking cannot see the pics anymore which ruins the posts altogether, is there any way around this, why do we have a quota??

Lov mopar xxx

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
There's good reason for having an attachment quota. Basically all the attachments use up storage space on the server. Without quotas things could get carried away and we run out of space ;)

As for using attachments, personally, I don't really like them. I find it much better using the image hosting feature and think the way the images display in the posts is better. Attachments aren't a very robust way of keeping images online :tdown:

For the deleting part, yep, that's the case. If you delete any hosted files or attachments then it'll also disappear from anywhere that file is referenced. That's just the way it works.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Guess what ... Out of the top 5 users with the most attachments on the site you're number 2 with 584 :eek::lol:

What are all the attachments ? If you want a photo album setting up I might be able to sort something out.

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess what ... Out of the top 5 users with the most attachments on the site you're number 2 with 584 :eek::lol:

What are all the attachments ? If you want a photo album setting up i might be able to sort something out.
my photos are all stored in my own folders & i atatch them each time i do a post, im not in photobucket or anything like that?

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
So you mean there's a chance that the same picture has been attached multiple times ??

If that's the case then it's not the best way of doing things :tdown:

The best thing that could be done would be to get your pictures online, preferably albums to match your folders and then just link to an image in your post (with the [img]...[/img] tags). This is how most of the images on here are displayed.

A guide of how to use the RnS image hosting is here --> http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305

For your albums/folders i'd suggest looking at using something like Picasa :tup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
As i can not start a thread in this section i have tagged on to this one.

How do I delete threads that I have started ?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry to be pain but I am struggling to find where I also delete my attachments... Can't seem to find the delete process.. Just trying to help.!!!

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
scooby

where do you have your images stored mate as you have no images connected with your account
He's using the Attachments feature, while attachments can be deleted from the Attachments panel it isn't easy, I think you have to click "Settings" (next to "Logout" at the very top of the page then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Attachments" under Miscellaneous on the left hand side.

Scooby, using Attachments isn't the easiest way to post photos, have a look at this guide for an easier way:

Announcements - On Topic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts