Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
It's ok talking about depression as an illness but try growing up as a kid whose dad has it. All I saw was someone taking out his own issues on the rest of his family and it was miserable to be honest. I'm glad for the people who get help today but there was f all of that in my day

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have been on both sides of this for a very long time, having battled with depression, anxiety and suicide for 20 years or so now. having not suffered any direct complications from depression for a little while now it'll be something i feel i will have to manage for the rest of my life.

on the positive side though, i found that self education into it all helped immensely. Learning about how it works, how you work etc really helped with getting a handle on things for me. Learning about what my triggers were, what environment helps, and doesnt help, what kind of people around me made differences a lot too.

if you or anyone on this thread needs an ear to bend on the whole thing, or just to vent some tension i will gladly help where i can. with whats been going on this year, now more than ever we need to stick together and help each other keep our heads above water.

i hope you and your mrs are doing alright mate? and i really hope you guys are getting the help you need.

Take care

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had depression for a while and I'm constantly feeling guilty about how it affects people around me. She may say those things but I don't believe she means it and you probably know that. It might feel that way to her even but she probably knows herself that she doesn't feel like that towards you. It's such a complicated thing. If your life turns upside down overnight your whole personality can seem like it changed too. It's not easy being a carer, good on you for not giving up.

Sent from my YOTA 3+ using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts