Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from Dick Turpin a good night but a bit quite. The weather put a damper on it. The girls on the gate had there new visi vest on look very smart. I think Hot Rod Girl [Hayley] got them well done. Tracy had Security on the back of hers very official.:incheek: They got a bit damp but never moaned.:D Well done the famous three:tup: I think Pat may put some pictures on.Heres to the next one. Thanks to Roy for turning up very early to monitor the car park and playing the Rock & Roll music out of his car Cheers Roy.

·
capriac
1,810 Posts
Shame about the weather eh Ken, trucks a bit light on the back when wet so had to leave a bit early as didnt know how bad it would be, just over the brow of hill on A127 it was dry as a bone. Typical. More people than I thought tho!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shame about the weather eh Ken, trucks a bit light on the back when wet so had to leave a bit early as didnt know how bad it would be, just over the brow of hill on A127 it was dry as a bone. Typical. More people than I thought tho!
That will a bit heavier when you get all your camping gear in it Tel for the Nats. We will see you there Sunday have a few beers for us:tup:

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
I made it down last nite, for the first time. First thing I saw when I drove in was 3 57's lined up :tup:. Make room for another in the spring.
Never caught up with anybody tho, as most were inside rather than in the car park, which was a shame.
Hopefully the weather will be a bit better next week.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made it down last nite, for the first time. First thing I saw when I drove in was 3 57's lined up :tup:. Make room for another in the spring.
Never caught up with anybody tho, as most were inside rather than in the car park, which was a shame.
Hopefully the weather will be a bit better next week.
Shame we missed you what did you come down in ? We were by the gate where the girls were dont know why:incheek: Chevys were mine, Petes my Brother and Madal Yellow big block 57. Looking forward to seeing your 57 :tup: Cheers Ken.

·
My name is Martin
2,611 Posts
I went to Horsham last night to pick up a mates car. The rain was nice, so you lot did quite lucky

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Shame we missed you what did you come down in ? We were by the gate where the girls were dont know why:incheek: Chevys were mine, Petes my Brother and Madal Yellow big block 57. Looking forward to seeing your 57 :tup: Cheers Ken.
I didnt get there till about 9 Ken. Sadly not in the 57, but a 95 camaro, which I parked up behind Ford Fever.
I knew who the cars belonged to, but didnt know who to look out for. They looked cool, line up. Did hang around the cars for a while, hoping one of you would have gone back. Had a couple of drinks standing outside & left about 10, for an appointment with Ronald McDonald !

Shame as it would have been good to meet & blah about 57's :D
Got to know Alex, only on here through chat.

Got a few updated pics of my 57 to ad to The Garage.
Steve

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just got back from Dick Turpin a good night but a bit quite. The weather put a damper on it. The girls on the gate had there new visi vest on look very smart. I think Hot Rod Girl [Hayley] got them well done. Tracy had Security on the back of hers very official.:incheek: They got a bit damp but never moaned.:D Well done the famous three:tup: I think Pat may put some pictures on.Heres to the next one. Thanks to Roy for turning up very early to monitor the car park and playing the Rock & Roll music out of his car Cheers Roy.
Thanks Kenny boy! They did look rather cool didn't they??!! Don't answer that one........ Do you think i could get dad to wear one?! Noooo too cool for that!!!! :incheek:
Would be nice to see some others down there, i think i did see the camaro, was it red? Anyway see you all later at some point probably over the weekend. :tup:

·
(_I_)
905 Posts
I didnt get there till about 9 Ken. Sadly not in the 57, but a 95 camaro, which I parked up behind Ford Fever.
I knew who the cars belonged to, but didnt know who to look out for. They looked cool, line up. Did hang around the cars for a while, hoping one of you would have gone back. Had a couple of drinks standing outside & left about 10, for an appointment with Ronald McDonald !

Shame as it would have been good to meet & blah about 57's :D
Got to know Alex, only on here through chat.

Got a few updated pics of my 57 to ad to The Garage.
Steve
Steve, sorry I missed you, I was skulking around outside most of the night...Hope to bump into you next time.. I'll hang around the car looking shifty for a while..

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Steve, sorry I missed you, I was skulking around outside most of the night...Hope to bump into you next time.. I'll hang around the car looking shifty for a while..
I was hanging around & look shifty most of the time, people must have thought I was trying to steal hub caps !

Yup, was a dirty looking red camaro. Thats why I parked it in the shadows :shake:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was hanging around & look shifty most of the time, people must have thought I was trying to steal hub caps !

Yup, was a dirty looking red camaro. Thats why I parked it in the shadows :shake:
Oh my eyes were not deceiving me then. Its funny a few people were looking for others last time, don't know why that was, seemed a bit of a coincidence. :eek:
I think most people were hanging about under the big umbrellas outside the pub, and there were a few in the pub too. :whistle:
We (at the front gate) were hiding under Roys tail gate!! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts