Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did and got to say i was`nt bad either, i used to ride the skate parks ie; half pipes, bowls etc, and do downhill slalom and wasnt bad at 360s, well now my son has got into it and just bought him a skateboard.........god i`m so sad i can even remember the name of the boards/trucks and wheels i used to have, was one of the 1st to go to skate city that opened in london next to HMS BELFAST in the 70s.........god they was great times for me ........toad

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Dont get me started Toad....

Was brought up in a tiny village in Cornwall and introduced to boarding by one of the kids who just happened to be an American, his dad was an airline pilot...long story...

Anyway, ACS430 trucks 18" wood laminate board and.... hellfire what where the wheels??

Best bit was the village was in a valley with a river running through the bottom. That meant it was on a hellish steep hill....

Happy days picking bits of gravel out of my chin, elbows, knees....

Now I am an old man I have a 42" long board that sort of keeps me fit and amuses the kids no end.

If you have not seen it before get over to www.middle-age-shred.com

P.

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
yep! ive still got my board from the late 70's, hiwayman concave deck red cryptonic wheels:D i also won the northumberland freestyle comp in 77 i think it was! and was a finalist in the northeast slalom which was coverd on the northeast news:tup:

·
Global Warmer
1,200 Posts
Sqweaka! Red Cryptonics! That would have done my head in all night!

P.

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Zorlac deck, bad bones trucks and hang ten wheels....it's all flooding back now.
used to skate to the pub, used my board to get around during my driving ban lol

·
scavengers cc
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me i had to boards that was for two differants things.....1st one for park riding was a sims superlite 10" board with california slalom trucks and bones wheels and for slalom i had a turner summerski board with california slalom trucks (again) and oj wheels and sumetimes snakes ...........fuckin hell thinking of getting another one.........i remember skateing sometimes in croydon with a guy who ended up going to long beach, california to eneter the world championships and ended up being world champ at doing 360s ....and theres was a guy called mad mark baker that was englands version of tony alva...........fooking loved it .........toad

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
my boy takes the piss out of my cos i boast about been good on a board back in the 70's and he says lets see you olly then and i say i cant as no one could back then cos it was'nt invented back then... we did a kickflip but not in the way they do now but man could i do 360s on the tail and nose of the board:tup:

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Alva deck, Tracker fulltracks and some 65mm Blue Kryptonics and still got it. Had a long back in Oz but sold it before i came back. Used to skate back in the day and still was up to 3 years ago. Lived in Bondi and used to skate the ramp after work. Nearly 40 and no one blinked an eyelid. Here i just got chased by Hoodies!!!!!!!!!!!

See my avatar. Dogtown rules!!

Dan:tup:

·
Huge Member!
525 Posts
Red Kryptonics...thats a blast from the past...i remember havin a go of a friends board who had em fitted...i remember the board shootin straight from under me! as my old board had cheap shit wheels on it an these things just didnt stop rolling!!!

Aahh much simplar times...

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Skated down the side road at Gary's Shack on the opening night of the second shop...Wasn't a kid by then though. Bit daft really. Red Krypt's and long board...Fibreflex was from Alpine Sports in town I think? We used to use the multi storey at work everyday but the first bowl I went in was at a small bay just a couple of miles north of Newquay. Realised I wasn't as fearless as I thought!:eek:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,139 Posts
I remember the old Jan and Dean song "Sidewalk surfing" before I saw my first board back in '74 at Skewjack when you could hire them to practice your moves while waiting for the cries of " Surfs up " ....crap at both !!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts