Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the different labels that are given to carious rides out there. "Hot Rod, Street Rod, Custom Rod, Street Machine, Pro Street, Pro Touring, Gassers" Personally, I love em all, except gassers are not my thing, so are you strictly into rods or are you looking at trying them all?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm into all styles by any means but I do try to take in as many variations on a theme as possible.
You'd be amazed how many times you can look at a style completely unrelated to your own car and think actually that idea for a particular widgit will work for me.:tup:

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
I'd say I was fairly broad-minded about different styles, periods etc, but I'm not too keen on the need to fit everything into little niches. I usually find Hot Rod, Custom Car or Classic takes care of it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I like many different styles but my favorite style is 60s Muscle cars especially pro-touring or classic circuit racer styles, i've had vans ,4x4s (old jeep and chevy Blazer) and a few British classics so I've had a bit of variety, my rule is if its less than 3 litres and 6 cylinders I'm not very interested.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i like lots of cars, or put it in better words: i love to see work and skill that went into the car. doesnt have to mean i realy like the car. i see loads of very nice build gassers lately, seems to be newest rage, i dont like them alot, but as stated before, that doesnt mean i redicule them (like some people do with cars that are not his/her style)
but thats what i like with custom/hotrod/gasser/streetrod or whatever style of car you can name. the owner/builder loves it, otherwise he wouldnt built it. i built one strange thing before too, no one else seem to like it, i did, so i didnt give fuck bout what their thoughts where (opel "fans" where not happy with audi 1.8 tt engine) :incheek:i didtn give rats ass, it ran like bat out of hell
pascal

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
I like cars.

Correction, I like bikes and cars.

Hang on a bit, I like WW2 planes, oh and bikes and cars.

Truth be known I even admire those mad sods who build and restore steam engines, both rail and traction.

The only people who need pigeonholes work in the postal sorting office to make sure my credit card bill gets to me on time...

...which is as good a reason I can think of to hate pigeonholes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.