Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are now importing Dimple dies made in the USA. These are a great addition to any workshop, they will add strength and save weight and on top of that, make your project look really top notch.

3 pc sets - 3/4, 1 1/4, 1 3/4 - £75
4 pc sets 1/2, 1, 1 1/2, 2 - £95
5 pc sets 1/2, 1, 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2 - £165

You can get more info at our website www.tcfengineering.co.uk or www.dimpledies.co.uk

Let me know if there are any questions

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
899 Posts
some questions.....

is the specified diameter the size of the holesaw hole you cut to use the die? if so, how much extra diameter does the 'dimple' take up around the hole, and how big is the tool overall, as i notice they have a bit of 'flat' on the outside diameter- basically i want to know whats the overall daimeter of flat metal i need to use each size.

how much space do i need on the backside of a panel to use them in-situ? in other words how deep is the concave flare(female) half of the unit, including the nut head on the back? id like to use them on inner door skins, but dont want to have to remove the inner skins to use them.

lastly, why the huge price jump from the 4 to 5 piece set? in the 3 piece set your basically getting them at £25/ea, then an extra £20 for the 4th one in the 4pc set, then an extra £70 for the 2.5" one in the 5pc set?! it doesnt really offer the same value for money as the rest of them ...........

for the record, im interested in the 4pc thru-bolt set, but would go for the 5pc set if i felt it was better value for the 5th die.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for not introducing myself, I will put a post on that section tonight.

Dez, yes, the diameters of the dies is the size of hole saw you would use. It will be a bit different for each tool, but to give you an example of the 2" die, the diameter of the centre part of the die is 51mm, so a 2" hole cutter has a little bit to spare. The bottom part of the flared part is 72mm diameter, and the overall outside diameter of the tool is 86mm.

I think that I get what you mean about the door skins. You would need a minimum of 50mm clearance with the 2" dies (40mm with the 1" and under ones)

The price jump is related to the overall size of the tool. For example the OD on the 2" is 86mm, but ont he 2 1/2" tool the OD is 110mm, so consequently there is more material and more machining time. It gets disproportionately more expensive the larger you go. To be totally honest, my prices just reflect my buy in price plus a small profit. I want to try and get prices for all of my stuff as low as possible, so that the end user gets the best value for money. I think that the 4 piece set will satisfy most peoples requirements anyway.

If you need any more info, please let me know and I will do my very best to answer your questions. This is a new business and a new market for me, so I really want to make it work.

Would there be much interest on the hotrod scene for a high quality, made in the USA, reasonably priced tube bender ? We will have those in the new year too !

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
What is a cost to U.S. for the full set ? Thanks Steve
Looks like they are made in the USA. To buy them from here would cost you double with shipping!!
I'm sure your man will give you the details of where he gets them from stateside in a PM..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts