Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shake::shake::shake:Disappointed to se that that it hasn't taken the swearing and foal language to start sorry but i am out of hear been OK up to now ,

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I find bad language almost as annoying as bad spelling , poor punctuation and appalling grammar .

See ya Kieth .

·
Registered
773 Posts
dont be dissapointed ,or take it to heart keith ,can u imagine a rod meet with no swearing... it would too weird,..:lol:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i also hate it,
its a shitty use of our spoken word and theres no bloody need for it :shake:

chill dude, just dont read it if it offends :tup:

·
Flange Dealer
642 Posts
foal language? Neigh bother !

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Perhaps we should have a swear box donations going to the site. I must agree swear words on the forum should be toned down a bit.

·
Keyboard Worrier
411 Posts
Would have thought it would be relatively simple for them to have a swear filter, most forums seem to have them.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Just got in so here we go :tup:

Firstly, sorry to hear you're disappointed :tdown:

Secondly, where were the swear words posted ? In the chat section or elsewhere ?

This place is like a pub (more specifically in the chat area). It's a room full of people that will mimic real life. Not everyone will get on with everyone else, there's bound to be a bust up along the way, you're likely to overhear something in someone else's conversation that you don't like or language you wouldn't use yourself but above all everyone is pretty much free to go about their business as they please. That's what usually keeps the harmony going along with tollerance and the ability to skip over something you may find distasteful.

There won't be a 'blanket' swear filter going on this site as it's a censorship I don't believe in. Swearing may be an acceptable day to day thing for some but not for others, that's how life is and without the variety that we have this'd be a very boring world.

Tell you what I will do though, I'll add on a filter as I have on other forums whereby each individual member can set up their own swear filters which will only affect what they read. That way everyone is allowed to enjoy the site how they'd prefer.

How's that sound ?

Swearing as a personal attack against another member isn't acceptable though so if that is the case then please let me know by using the Report Post button

Same goes for anything you think should be brought to my attention incase I don't get to see it :tup:

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
shows you how thick I am, I thought it was a joke, obviously not, [takes me ages to get jokes] where's all the swearing?

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Si , yet again you impress ! Makes me feel even happier to be a part of this site ! Now all you got to do is find me the right car and I'll put you up for a knighthood :) :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Everyone is different, some people swear some don't, I thnk that this Forum has got it dead right. I don't see a great deal of swearing on here and if I did it would not offend me one bit. Intolerance of others, now that's a dangerous thing.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I'm not a lover of foul Language even though I'm probably the worse culprit, but how does a swear filter make it any better? when somebody writes a swear word, it comes out as say "plum" or some over word, I don't know any body that, when they read it out, either aloud or in there head they always say the original intended word
ps apologies for rambling on

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Keith stop f***in rambling:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I'm not a lover of foul Language even though I'm probably the worse culprit, but how does a swear filter make it any better? when somebody writes a swear word, it comes out as say "plum" or some over word, I don't know any body that, when they read it out, either aloud or in there head they always say the original intended word
ps apologies for rambling on
I enjoy trying to work out what "back door" and the likes is :) ???? back door now what does ........................oh my God ..............

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
The optional filter i'll be putting in place will work on words just being ***'d out rather than replaced. The words that a user wants to replace will need to be typed into an option in their usercp. See, fully customisable and entirely indiviual choice :tup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just got in so here we go :tup:

Firstly, sorry to hear you're disappointed :tdown:

Secondly, where were the swear words posted ? In the chat section or elsewhere ?

This place is like a pub (more specifically in the chat area). It's a room full of people that will mimic real life. Not everyone will get on with everyone else, there's bound to be a bust up along the way, you're likely to overhear something in someone else's conversation that you don't like or language you wouldn't use yourself but above all everyone is pretty much free to go about their business as they please. That's what usually keeps the harmony going along with tollerance and the ability to skip over something you may find distasteful.

There won't be a 'blanket' swear filter going on this site as it's a censorship I don't believe in. Swearing may be an acceptable day to day thing for some but not for others, that's how life is and without the variety that we have this'd be a very boring world.

Tell you what I will do though, I'll add on a filter as I have on other forums whereby each individual member can set up their own swear filters which will only affect what they read. That way everyone is allowed to enjoy the site how they'd prefer.

How's that sound ?

Swearing as a personal attack against another member isn't acceptable though so if that is the case then please let me know by using the Report Post button

Same goes for anything you think should be brought to my attention incase I don't get to see it :tup:
Spot on there mate. Just need some cyber cider now :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts