Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
my minx has got drum brakes on front, i'm fitting a different engine and want to fit disc brakes. clutch master cylinder will be removed due to also fitting an auto box. so i can fit a servo/master cylinder. can the front drums, backing plates be removed leaving just the hubs? if so i can do my own conversion.
anyone any info? any standard parts upto job?

cheers chris.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
Won't later stubs, with discs, just swap over Chris? Rootes were good at using the same mechanics and just changing body panels so I'm pretty sure late Superminx/ Humber Sceptre would do it?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
My mother 1966 Gazelle had discs, think all the 1725 had discs as most Sceptres and Rapiers, don't think the Arrow range fits
I suppose you could sus out what is fitted to racing Tigers

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
Arrow range are struts so not as likely as the others you mention. Early Alpines were disc anyway ,well certainly '63 on.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wondered if later discs, calipers etc would swap over.
i've got a vented siera dics here(and calipers), tried the discs on tonight looks like it'll just be a case of fabricating brackets for calipers:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
i wondered if later discs, calipers etc would swap over.
i've got a vented siera dics here(and calipers), tried the discs on tonight looks like it'll just be a case of fabricating brackets for calipers:D
Hi ive got complete front crossmember off a1966 humber scepter should do what you want, let me know if you are interested cheers DAVE

·
Registered
499 Posts
Arrow range are struts so not as likely as the others you mention. Early Alpines were disc anyway ,well certainly '63 on.
Hi Kev,yes alpines did have disc front right from the start in 59 they used girling so did the tiger I belive,the others used lockheed dont know why cheers DAVE

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
I have owned a couple of Series 2's through the years but didn't remember what they had but I owned a Series 3 (1963) GT hardtop for about 3 years .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts