·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Any bugger who wants it

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You wouldn't want to put this in your tank - I've already used it to clean / degrease parts - that's why I want to get rid of it!!!!!

·
Fat 'n' Loud
4,766 Posts
yeah that's what I do with it, use it to clean my tool
Don't clean your tool with it.

Some years ago I tipped a load of old petrol down the drain next to the Police Station. I wouldn't recommend that either. They couldn't use the interview room for a fortnight until the fumes had died down and they didn't find it funny. Not as funny as I did anyway.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Some years ago I tipped a load of old petrol down the drain next to the Police Station. I wouldn't recommend that either. They couldn't use the interview room for a fortnight until the fumes had died down and they didn't find it funny. Not as funny as I did anyway.
I know a guy who did that. Several days later he flicked a nub end down the same drain. Blew about a miles worth of manhole covers off!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pass it on to any chemical waste transfer facility they will be happy to take it. If you were in my area I would willingly take as much as I could get.

·
Registered
252 Posts
They pass it on to a chemical transfer facility. I deal with this every day as part of my job as an industrial chemist, I blend chemical waste so that it can be disposed of safely. All flammable material such as thinners and petrol is recycled as a fuel of known calorific value (often used in cement drying kilns)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
take it down to the council tip and throw it in with the waste oil tank they all have

·
Registered
945 Posts
Throw it on the weeds in your garden, stand back, flick a match at it. That's the weeding done for a few months ! Least that's what I did with mine !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts