Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER FORUM,,,
Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold. I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis. :pmsl:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
That's like the guy on a Mustang forum who ran the garden hose through his running engine because another guy said to flush it when he changes the oil :lol:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
THIS WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER FORUM,,,
Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold. I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises. Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis. :pmsl:
that's surely gotta be a wind up lol.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
When did you buy the Audi Ray?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
"yeah guv they've always made a distinctive noise them 5 cylinder motors , nothing to worry about "

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
There was one on a drifting forum about welded diffs. The guy posted photos of his attempt. Pinion welded to crown wheel. :D The thread went on for ages but in the end the OP owned up to a piss take.

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was one on a drifting forum about welded diffs. The guy posted photos of his attempt. Pinion welded to crown wheel. :D The thread went on for ages but in the end the OP owned up to a piss take.
yep i found that one too and posted on here,:tup: do you know of any more? their always good for a laugh.

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Vorsprung "dork" technique! :pmsl: well he is an audi owner,wat dy expect? :shake:

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
No ones that stupid........................... (are they??)

·
Registered
656 Posts
hey andy pops get it right its xbox haha
it does seem that my sisters 24 and always on the xbox bloody kids
(im 22)
I started out with the sinclair spectrum (all of 48k) and when technology provided got a playstation and now "eggs box £3.60"
but even with my limited experience of cars and engines (can wield a spanner etc) know that this sort of thing should be done
alas im a older 34yr old and not getting younger :p

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's surely gotta be a wind up lol.
well plop, if you,re asking me if its a wind up? in all honesty,,,i really dont know.
if you,re asking me if theres people out there dumb enough to actually do this,,, i,de have to say yes.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
well plop, if you,re asking me if its a wind up? in all honesty,,,i really dont know.
if you,re asking me if theres people out there dumb enough to actually do this,,, i,de have to say yes.
have to agree with ya lol, I have seen a woman topping up her oil to the brim of the filler neck :pmsl:

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
have to agree with ya lol, I have seen a woman topping up her oil to the brim of the filler neck :pmsl:
My sister did that.........

Been thinking about the guy with the port job..........Was wondering what his mates "tuned" Hondas go like???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts