Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little bit 'cheesy' but history none the less!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Got some pics of DLT at the pod on a few occasions, and I did use to have his phone number and address for many years. Don't ask how or why, but it was to do with his intrest in our scene.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
He appeared at the pod a couple of years ago to sign copies of that British drag racing book along with other noteable drivers from the past and informed the audience he still loves the sport but only as a spectator

·
WHERE`S MY CAR DUD
345 Posts
met him at bell vue in the 80s great guy to talk to ....if i rememberr right he named his car fred... a in fred the needel ,i remember his car was wider than the rest

old roders dont die ..theuy just get fat

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Got some pics of DLT at the pod on a few occasions, and I did use to have his phone number and address for many years. Don't ask how or why, but it was to do with his intrest in our scene.
He was an NSVA member in the seventies and some of us spent a while chin wagging in his motorhome in the pits at the Pod, can't remember who the others were, [too many beers] were you one Bruce ?

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
met him at bell vue in the 80s great guy to talk to ....if i rememberr right he named his car fred... a in fred the needel ,i remember his car was wider than the rest

old roders dont die ..theuy just get fat
THAT'LL BE WHY IT SAYS FRED ON THE VERY FRONT OF THE DRAGSTER IN THE VIDEO THEN...:smoke:

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
I love this history stuff, DLT was getting the drag racing word out.:cool:

·
Old enough to know better
3,479 Posts
He was an NSVA member in the seventies and some of us spent a while chin wagging in his motorhome in the pits at the Pod, can't remember who the others were, [too many beers] were you one Bruce ?
Blimey, if your memory is starting to go there's f..all hope for me and Bruce is there...?

Anyway Monsieur Travis was as down to earth as it gets, as I remember..like someone else said, wonder if he is amongst the old gits still interested...

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
We had a few beers with him two years ago in the VIP area. Thats my lad and his then, current ride.
We had a good laugh....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Met him in '97 or '98 when mine and the wife's Pop's were in the Sandwell HVP, back when they still had the cruise round the district, lovely bloke.

CW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts