Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Rekindled Dream
2,064 Posts
Found this old pic from Bonneville,thought you'd like it.Crazy bastard on bike;
(Looks like something took a chunk out of his leg!)
That photo was taken 4 days before I was Born!:smoke:

Jon

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
and are you the odge that came down to york street with an identical galaxy I think and I mean identical same reg etc... and all those tasty girls in tow:tup:

Jon
That would have been Smax in the Galaxy (he went on to become FIA Top Fuel Champion, and now races TF in the States :cool:, whereas I'm still just fannying about with junk in a shed in Preston... :roll:) I ran a primer '63 Impala on WWs and a big-block '68 Ford XL Fastback before the Pop. And registration numbers were always flexible in those days... ;) (over 30 bloody years ago now come to think of it - so you must be an old git too.... :S:D)

Girls...? Dunno what you mean..... :shake:

If you're interested (or just bored), there's heaps of old crap like that on me website - www.odgie.com

·
Rekindled Dream
2,064 Posts
Ah the memories are flooding back.. well nearly, cos as you guessed I am an old git 61 today!

Girls..must have been mistaken :roll::lol:

I used to admire the Anthill mob as you were all free spirits where as me I was in a stable relationship with kids and although confident couldn't live on the edge like you guys.

I'll have a look at you web site for more memories.

I used to have a Moggy van called Chunky hence my nick name. Not been involve since until I took my youngest daughter (29) to a meet and she said I should get into rodding again so am looking at chopping the body of a 7 series V12 BMW and grafting a glass 32 Vicky body on the floor pan. That's the plan if it ever gets off the ground. we'll see.

Do you ever get to the Nags Head in Cheshire?

Jon

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey, you never lose the rodding spirit (although if truth be told I'm more of a bike builder really than a car nut, but really anything old with wheels suits me just fine...:tup:). Only remember your Moggie very vaguely, sorry, but then it was the 70's, we were doing heaps of drugs (I do remember one night down York Street, after we'd done loads of Evo-Stick, I found some red and white barricades from some road works, and blocked the whole street off. Me and Deavsy were stopping all the traffic and telling them, 'Sorry, street is closed, use the diversion - First right, first right again, then next right.' After they came back round for the third time we couldn't keep our faces straight...). And I remember the late Dave Grady turning up in his big-block '59(?) Ford gasser, stripped to the bone, no interior apart from a cage and a bucket seat for him, and his lass had sat on a pouffe all the way from Leeds. He took me for a spin, sat on this pouffe wedged against the cage, I'd never experienced anything like it, it really was like all Hell had been let loose... :shock: Then there was the post-cruise street racing.... ;)

Make it to the Nags Head very occasionally, but usually I just forget it's on... :shake:

Beemer V12 and glass body...? That should go some.... 8):D:D

21 - 24 of 24 Posts