Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Paul,shall we stop drinking,buy a small boat and go and kidnap it,John will understand,are you any good with a compass ? Bry

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was only thinking about this car the other day wondered were it had gone.
I had a picture of it on my wall when i was a teenager always looked at it thinking i wish it was mine.
Looks like im going to be doing the lottery again this week. If not i will break out the dingy and see you on the high seas fellas first one there gets it :bah::bigsmile:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
For sale:
One Kidney, good working order.
Half a liver, not seriously damaged.,

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Didn't someone build a clone of this car sometime in the late 90's? Or did Claydon build a clone for someone?
Yes I distinctly remember it in a Street Machine Garage Scene though I can't remember which issue (and I'm not rooting through all my old mags now). I think "Doc" built it for someone in Belgium, though that could be my old false memory syndrome playing up again.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
A little bit of the car is still here in my garden. These are the 10.00x16 M&H piecrusts it came into the country on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes I distinctly remember it in a Street Machine Garage Scene though I can't remember which issue (and I'm not rooting through all my old mags now). I think "Doc" built it for someone in Belgium, though that could be my old false memory syndrome playing up again.
Definitely remember Europe in there somewhere, I was thinking Austria for some reason.

Shame I threw all the old mags away, it was a cracking poster I had on my wall.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Remember Jon Webster built the chassis for it. When it was all completed at Jons when he was at Southend. We were at the Tuesday meet at Rayleigh Weir we heard rumours it was being collected by Doc that day. Anyway about 11ish we saw it on a trailer pull in the end of the car park. He unloaded it and drove it in the pub car park flames out the open headers in the dark.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
John Claydon originally took the Willys to Jon Websters to have a cage built for the chassis he'd built himself, he left having arranged to have the whole car built by Websters. I'm pretty sure Wee mark had the Claydon built chassis.

I'm not surprised about the header flames, when John first got the car running he hadn't realised the Hilborn two pot injector was set up for Alky, dumping around twice the amount of petrol into its ICE built Hemi. Anyone that saw it pottering around Knebworth will probably remember the trail of black smoke it left behind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.