Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
capriac
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it was on channel 4 years ago, was 'interesting' to say the least. Personally I loved it !

·
/////////\\\\\\\\\
660 Posts
Anyone remember a documentary about a nurse who lived on baked beans and saved every last penny and bought a dodge viper. I never saw it but my mate was telling me the other day sounds pretty good.
Think I may know or of knew of the young lady who got that Viper, came from Bath... Saw/spoke to her a couple of years back at Wheels Day.

EDIT:

I googled her and she's out there...

Dom

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Hi Capriac, i remember that documentry, kinda like a british hillbilly family. Always remember the father saying "when working on a steam engine you cant have a monkey helping because you cant trust a monkey and he would hide your tools, but a bear would probably be ok" and the daughter opening the only unbroken window on the bus because she was warm. There is a steam fair at Hadlow Down (Tinkers Park) in Sussex each year, run and owned by the Jessett family, and they are related to the family in the documentry. A great day out but you do feel slightly like youre on the set of Deliverence!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
"Squeal piggy squeal!" no seriously its a good show ,its been going for about thirty five years, not really a dedicated car show, much more of an old fasioned steam fair, two day show, pre entry only, lots of steam engines but good mix of cars trucks bikes etc as well. Muddy if wet, dusty when dry. give it a go, has to experienced to apreciated really.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea the girl/lady came or comes from the Bath area and she used to come to our evenening meet on Tuesdays. Have not seen her for a few years now though. As I remembe ber she would come down the pub with us after and have a least 2 pints of larger with the rest of us before shooting off in her Viper. We always though she was asking for trouble as she would like to spin the tyers up before leaving the pub and around the streets of Bath and she was quite slightly built. Maybe she got nabbed :shake:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yea the girl/lady came or comes from the Bath area and she used to come to our evenening meet on Tuesdays. Have not seen her for a few years now though. As I remembe ber she would come down the pub with us after and have a least 2 pints of larger with the rest of us before shooting off in her Viper. We always though she was asking for trouble as she would like to spin the tyers up before leaving the pub and around the streets of Bath and she was quite slightly built. Maybe she got nabbed :shake:
Ha ha she sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I dont suppose she had many passengers though.
I met this lady a couple of times, and yes, I was a passenger once. She is only a petite little thing, very pleasant, but she gave me a ride around Rockingham during a Viper Owners' Club event when Rockingham had only just opened. It was pissing down and we started the parade laps from the pit garages. She basically did a rolling burnout the length of the pits and got pulled over and bollocked by the marshals for reckless and dangerous driving before we'd even joined the track! My arse was going like a parrot's claw.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
"Squeal piggy squeal!" no seriously its a good show ,its been going for about thirty five years, not really a dedicated car show, much more of an old fasioned steam fair, two day show, pre entry only, lots of steam engines but good mix of cars trucks bikes etc as well. Muddy if wet, dusty when dry. give it a go, has to experienced to apreciated really.
Always go to Tinkers Park as it is very local to me.There is a pub in Hadlow Down called The New Inn which was a proper old spit and sawdust boozer which was frequented by all the Steam engine guys and suchlike.It was run by a chap called Gerald for many years who surrounded the pub with loads of old cars and lorries.About 25 yrs ago i needed a prop for a twin wheel transit and rang Gerald to see if he had one."Come over and collect it from the pub"" he said.I went with my mate to get it-and there it was lying across the bar surrounded by some strange looking men.After plying us with booze and telling us many tales we left rather worse for wear.It was that sort of place-happy days.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I met this lady a couple of times, and yes, I was a passenger once. She is only a petite little thing, very pleasant, but she gave me a ride around Rockingham during a Viper Owners' Club event when Rockingham had only just opened. It was pissing down and we started the parade laps from the pit garages. She basically did a rolling burnout the length of the pits and got pulled over and bollocked by the marshals for reckless and dangerous driving before we'd even joined the track! My arse was going like a parrot's claw.
Local legend 'round yer' says she has a tattoo of the Vipers VIN number on her foot - fkn cool!

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I think she has Viper tattoo'd round her wedding ring finger too.

·
/////////\\\\\\\\\
660 Posts
Local legend 'round yer' says she has a tattoo of the Vipers VIN number on her foot - fkn cool!
Nadine also has(had?) a tattoo of this on her thigh...! It got in the Capri Club mag back in '94.

I knew her through the Capri Club (Avalon - Glastonbury) Branch from '94 onwards. I'd been a passenger in the Capri a couple of times, erm, memorable!

Dom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts