Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tryed to donate to the site but dont have a paypal acount is there any other way?????

cheers john

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Thanks for that John,if you PM Roadrunna and ask for his postal address,much apprieciated,Bry

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
As above, we can take donations via cheque or bank transfer (PM for details).

Alternatively, you can still use the paypal interface, even if you don't have a paypal account, via debit or credit card. Just follow their instructions when you go through to the payment method :tup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just sent you a donation through PayPal.

Now that I'm getting more involved in the site and posting I wanted to support the good work your doing.:tup:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Sorry, only just clocked this.

The donation thing handles all the addresses automagically :tup:

Just click on any of the "I help support Rods 'n Sods" buttons and it'll take you to the payment page within this site. Follow through that and it will associate everything it needs to with your user account as well :tup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm on an iPad and cannot find the donation button anywhere. I have never found it so difficult to give someone money before. ��

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
This is now run by a 'for profit' company so I'm not sure there is even a contribute option anymore.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
I wouldn't have bothered, this site is now owned by a huge intenret forum company who charge for traders and for banner ads, it is no longer owned by a guy in the midlands who set it up with his own dosh and was grateful for donations. You just waste a tenner!!

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
I wouldn't have bothered, this site is now owned by a huge intenret forum company who charge for traders and for banner ads, it is no longer owned by a guy in the midlands who set it up with his own dosh and was grateful for donations. You just waste a tenner!!
I wonder if Si just received a tenner, hope so and bet it made him smile :D

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
i can confirm that si does not get the tenner
would be funny tho

ill give you my paypal account if you want to give any money away
only trying to kelp

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
this is MY opinion only!!

Under no circumstance should anyone 'donate'. If there is a fee to pay, that is fine, but you would not donate to Tesco or any other money making business. New members need to be aware that this is no longer a website owned and run by a hot rodder. Whilst it is, to all sense and purpose, run by rodders, it is owned by a corporation and those rodders running the site for us are not paid and do it voluntarily.

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
agreed Chaz, the company should do the right thing and return any donations received since they took over and close the ability to donate.

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
Maybe the donations could be given to the Mods for out of pocket expenses.
I can't speak for the other guys but I have no out of pocket expenses. The only thing this site costs me is a lot of free time.
I do it because I enjoy the site , yeah there are downsides to being admin/ mods like I can't always voice my own opinion but there are a lot of ups also.
The PayPal comment was a joke earlier.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
If people really want to donate because they enjoy the site so much...why don't we adopt a charity and donations could go there on behalf of R&S? We could headline it.....and do some good at the same time?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts