Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

Would you use a facility as i have described it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a collection of cars under tarpaulins in the front garden but nowhere to work. But.. I have an idea!
I'm guessing there must be many people like me that love cars, want to do a project but don't have the facilities or some of the equipment. So please tell me what you think of my community garage idea.
Based in Poole, Wimborne, Ferndown or somewhere nearby, I want to take on a large warehouse and inside it build smaller units just big enough for a single car build/restoration. Then to add 3 facilities, a car lift, a spray booth and a media blasting area. I envisage some short and long term car storage too so your car can be parked in the dry storage area and then you can book a work area by the hour, day, week or months. Then add a rest area and we should have a happy facility; and i can start rebuilding my cars to earn some money.
I have been a builder for 20+ years and have the time and skills required to build this in such a way as to make insurance possible, to make sure no one sends spark to anyone or anything, to create a good community atmosphere all from the drawings and plans to physically building the facility with my own hands. I will be starting a crowdfunding project soon and am looking for people who may want to use long term storage, to hire a work bay either short or long term or who just is willing to support the project with a financial contribution to make it possible. I will be trying to get builders merchants and other suppliers to donate too, to achieve that i will start a facebook group, get as many people as possible to join and then offer some advertising to the suppliers in return for support. Fingers crossed guys but im going for it 100% Please let me know if you can support in some way.
Many thanks
Stu

hmmm... i had 11 poll questions but as soon as i added the firts one i cant seem to edit it to add the others? Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
sounds good but you are going to be into it for at least 100k before you get anyone in

·
Registered
196 Posts
We have a place down here called this is your garage that does exactly what your talking about you could ring him and have a chat about your plans may be able to help or partner up with his knowledge and start another down your end with you in charge

·
Premium Member
7,411 Posts
ive seen somewhere local that offers out workshop and ramp space.theres got to be a market for it.

one thing though if you have a communal bit,is that not everyone will treat whats youre,with any respect

good luck getting insurance when you declare youre going to be welding cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts