Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..so i found these at the back of the drawer..

Hold on...now its even cheaper...!

...and as i recall,she was pretty much Mintola as well.

..well it was over 25 yrs ago! (PS i must remember to send them pics back!)

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
How times change, back in the mid seventies i bought a 64/65 mustang fastback was white with twin blue stripes running a six pot, big n little slots and had the gt pack with fords column mounted rev counter, no rust at all and the pricely sum of £300 ish,
later had a red 289 booted one from hayling island for £250!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I bought a 65 Fastback 289 4 speed in Barnsley in 1976 for 350 quid.Broke down on the way back to London! Fixed it and traded it for a the 54 Ford that John Bonham owned.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I remember that as being a very very clean car.:tup:
Yes Steve. Actually I remember looking at a 66 fastback 289 HiPO 271 hp, 4 speed in Putney at a dealers in '75. Red with white stripes,lovely car but a bit dear at the time at 650quid. How about the 63 split window vette I looked at in Chiswick about the same time.That was 1100quid at a dealer. Or the 68 Vette coupe in Tooting with a 427/4 speed for 1000quid .Maybe we should start a thread "The cars I should have bought but didn't"

·
Registered
407 Posts
new thread

Yes Steve. Actually I remember looking at a 66 fastback 289 HiPO 271 hp, 4 speed in Putney at a dealers in '75. Red with white stripes,lovely car but a bit dear at the time at 650quid. How about the 63 split window vette I looked at in Chiswick about the same time.That was 1100quid at a dealer. Or the 68 Vette coupe in Tooting with a 427/4 speed for 1000quid .Maybe we should start a thread "The cars I should have bought but didn't"
Or the bands I should have joined but did'nt, a Mike????? LOL:tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts