Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Nice one Steve! I'm sure the 4 bar will make a big improvement.
One of the differences with the earlier Mk1/2 Spridgets (with the quarter elliptic springs and upper reaction link) is that they provided very nearly a four bar link rear end as standard..........But then they went to the full length rear leaf springs which wind up and hop!

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Wheel popping is good!
It shows that all the weight has transferred to the back wheels and so maximizes traction! Well done for getting out on the strip nice and early in the year.:rule:

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Thanks Phil, to explain further about the paint job, the air dam is in 3 parts for ease of removal/stowage as I cannot tow with it on. The fixings would rip up a paintjob each time they were fitted/removed so they are on bare aluminium.
Thanks Steve, I just thought the front end might look better with those Alloy strips in the same yellow and so less obvious, but it would be more difficult with it being removable.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Progress then Steve - Interesting point about the "Rooster tail", I always felt my Sprite felt a bit "Floaty" at the top end when running without the windscreen but the reduction in frontal area and improved top speed made me live with it!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.