Rods 'n' Sods banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Loos like wear of the selecters, nothing major, and the gears looked good. some wear on the layshaft rear support, anyway i finished up with almost everything but the gears, input shaft and tailhousing replaced with new or good used parts. Gearbox feels much tauter now.:tup:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Been a while, car now sporting a roll cage by Jim Smith at Cotsweld racecars, highly recommended. Getting used to the Pod now, almost feels like home. Still getting the hang of the super grippy surface, but managed a 12.1 @ 111 and separately a 1.71 60 ft , so getting back in the 11s is the goal. Car still bounces a lot off the line, and can be a wild ride as the NOS kicks in, so more suspension/ tyre pressure tuning needed.

·
richard rawlplug
8,098 Posts
I'm no expert mate. Post up your rear shock settings,weight of car and tyre pressure ..some one here may know ..

All I do is altereds some really no help..

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Car weight 680kg, damper setting near max, slick pressure 10psi

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,643 Posts

Been a while, car now sporting a roll cage by Jim Smith at Cotsweld racecars, highly recommended. Getting used to the Pod now, almost feels like home. Still getting the hang of the super grippy surface, but managed a 12.1 @ 111 and separately a 1.71 60 ft , so getting back in the 11s is the goal. Car still bounces a lot off the line, and can be a wild ride as the NOS kicks in, so more suspension/ tyre pressure tuning needed.
cool ……………. jim does a nice job , been mates for over 30 years especially as he gives me all hi ally offcuts that are too small but perfect for me :tup:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Hi Chris, yes I gathered that you and Jim and Wayne go way back. So pleased with the whole job.
Robert, you may be right, I hope to be back at the Pod once more this year, and it's on my trial list. The tyre looks over inflated, so lower pressure may help also.

·
richard rawlplug
8,098 Posts
steve ,i wonder if the hard damper setting is stopping any shock movement and so all the forces compress the tyre wall which then bounces back ,then grips and compresses then bounces back etc etc .?
Yep...soften the shocks . Does the nose lift on launch much...could be a weight transfer thing too.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Went back to the Pod on Sunday, dropped the tyre pressures a bit, left the dampers on the soft street setting, and launched as smooth as anything. However 60 ft times were poor so I need to find a balance between the two. Steering up the track was a bit vague, but it always is on the lower tyre pressures. Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yes Robert, the instant centre is set low at the moment. Lots to play with. Need to sort the dreaded misfire first :shake:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Been doing some SU needle fettling and made one with reduced high end fuelling. Quick blat suggests that the misfire is gone. Needs much more fettling /testing yet
:D

in

81 - 100 of 122 Posts