Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into some drag racing but looking for more info on the class rules with regards to car build. My main concern is my roll cage and front space frame is 38mm. I have looked at Msa regs but that doesn't detail much for drag racing.

If it helps with deciding my car is mini being built with Lexus 4l V8

Any pointers towards good sites would be great.

Cheers

Colin

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
if you email me [email protected] and I will send you the 2011 drag racing rule book, it has all the cage diagrams in there and what can and cant be used. Just a note, all cages have to be 3mm (MSA other sports is only 2.5mm) and have welded joints (Not bolt together)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, you have mail. My main cage is 2.5mm maybe I can build a small cage inside from 3mm protecting me?

·
Registered
590 Posts
speak to the pros who build drag cars they are all helpful espcially if you buy stuff or use there services:tup:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Most of the chassis guys will give you hints. If anyone else want me to send them the rule book dont be shy and ask, its in word format.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Cheers, you have mail. My main cage is 2.5mm maybe I can build a small cage inside from 3mm protecting me?
that id pay to see...:pmsl:

Sid.

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
post a link to your build up here,,,,put a 3mm cage in it,its your arse in the seat at the end of the day...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is the rule still that you don't need a cage if you run 11.99 or slower?

Also if a cage is present does it have to be built to blue book dimensions, even if the car doesn't need one for the times it's running?

Matt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that id pay to see...:pmsl:

Sid.
Sid don't be like that you will hurt my feelings:D

I was meaning similar to inside redvictor but am not sure if it would comply if main cage was 2.5mm i am assuming not.

To be honest the 2.5mm cage is all welded in and finished so guess i will save the proper drag build for the next one and use this at RWYB to see how i get on and if my finished contraption is a pile of shite or OK:tup:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Inside red victor is a 'correct' spec cage protecting the integrity of the vehicle with a funny car cage protecting the driver.
I'd agree with the advice of start again with what you have or sell the shell & do it properly first time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Inside red victor is a 'correct' spec cage protecting the integrity of the vehicle with a funny car cage protecting the driver.
I'd agree with the advice of start again with what you have or sell the shell & do it properly first time.
Yeah ahve spent hours going through the build thread and rules and no other way than start from scratch really. I will finish building this one for some street fun and getting the experience to build one from scratch next time.

Thanks for all the guidance people

1 - 13 of 13 Posts