Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year - i hope you all got a nice break over Christmas.

I just wanted to get a thread going for this years forthcoming Dragstalgia event. I hope that those of you who attended in 2011 enjoyed yourselves and will be back for more in 2012 and i also hope that those of you who didn't attend will have seen what you missed out on and will get involved this year.

We have taken in all of your comments based on 2011 made a few changes to the 2012 event to try and keep it more nostalgic. This includes a few changes with the race classes running amongst other things. We have introduced a beer festival in the fuelers bar which i'm sure you will all enjoy! Speaking of the fuelers we won't be looking at doing any less in the evening either...

We will again be putting on all of your favourite attractions including the historic vehicle marquee, fire burnouts, cacklefest, RWYB and more.

The online entry list is now live and we already have some very exciting names on there. Santa Pod Raceway - Events - Dragstalgia
If anyone wants adding on please let me know. If you're known to us or have raced/provided details previously then i should have the details but if you haven't then i will need at least a name, class and vehicle picture and i'll get you added on.

Also please let me know of any plans to be part of the RWYB, Cacklefest or Fire Burnouts - for Fire Burnouts in particular i'm sure we're going to be inundated this year so we need to restrict numbers somehow - i just haven't figured out how yet!

Please see Santa Pod Raceway - Events - Dragstalgia for full details.

All the best

James

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
We'd appreciate it if you took the time to see that we had a dedicated events section for people to list things like this.
We'd also appreciate it if people took notice of that fact like the majority do ;)
Not only does it help us in managing the site but it also shows your potential visitors that you care enough about them to take the time to do things right.

Thread moved to the correct place.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Looks Good !
A few cool changes and additions over last year that should meet with approval ! :tup:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Will Custom Car be getting involved as Mike Pye runs a Dragstalgia approved thing in the mag. Any sponsorship is welcome I would imagine.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,455 Posts
14th & 15th July.

Not mentioned on the original posting.

looks a great show, but wont be able to attend this year as already busy. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK this event's getting closer now and the line up gets better by the day.
At the minute we have 2 x Nostalgia Funny Cars, 1 x Nostalgia Top Fuel Dragster, 8 bikes from the NSA, 1 x double engined Slingshot, 2 x Jet Cars and strong entries from all of the invited race classes.
Check out Santa Pod Raceway - Events - Dragstalgia for the full line up and latest entry list, if anyone wants adding to the entry list please let me know :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent, from people i've been speaking to, it sounds like there's a lot of interest in this celebration. I hope that means we get a good turnout!

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Ok here are the details of the '56 of the 56 cruise to Dragstalgia.' Santa Pod Raceway - Events - Dragstalgia
The main cruise will be going up to Santa Pod from Toddington Services on Sunday morning, 15th July. All Tri Chevy cars and wagons invited and any other rod/custom/classic which cares to tag along. If you are not in a Tri Chevy please let them leave the car park first and join from the rear.
Timetable is as follows:

London and south meeting point is the Toby Carvery lay bye at Langley SL3 8PS, just off the M25 Northbound. Come off M25 onto M4 westbound and then come off at first exit onto the A4. You will see the group straight away.
Group will be leaving here at 7.00am.

Main meeting point is Toddington services M1 northbound. Group is assembling here at 8.00am and will be leaving about 8.30am.

Pass through meeting area will be Olney A509 for any that want to join from the north or from The Pod. Group should be passing through here no earlier than 9.00am / 9.15am.

For those of you in the UK Tri Chevy group please have your club membership cards with you to get the discount on the gate.
Please note that the dedicated club area provided at Santa Pod is for Tri Chevy cars/wagons only.
Please spread the word to any Tri Chevy owners not on here as all are welcome.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Looks like a good do, already got the Friday off, so car willing gonna be there...:cool:
Car unwilling, still not quite done, but going anyway. Can anybody give me a glimmer of hope on the weather front? I'm starting to grow webbed feet here...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Weather permitting i will be there, if i can get the gasser sorted for track duty i might give it a run will see how it goes.
:tup:

·
originals hrc
573 Posts
we'll be there friday night weather permitting:tup:

would be good to see it on the track mark!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm booked in with the MGB for RWYB :)

I missed last year so I'm keen to get there this time !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts