Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in custom car this month there are several pics from the hot rod drags and other meetings at york and shakey,with a little caption bubble saying "cc says dragstalgia approved".. anyone know what it means?..

have i been away too long and missed something?.

Dave B?...:S

Sid.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was wondering about that too Sid. I didn't see anything in the CC editorial, or am i blind?

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
i think its them saying this car should be at the next dragstalgia....:beuj::beuj:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think its them saying this car should be at the next dragstalgia....:beuj::beuj:
"them" who, CC or Santa pod?...

Sid.

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
CC...

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I thought it was an arty-farty graphic just showing that they liked the car. If it was for some other reason it was lost on me.

Personally I thought it added nothing to the photos and was pointless.

·
Registered
590 Posts
in the original artical about dragstalgia cc were fairley vocal about what they thought should and should not be there.
i guess this is a continuation????

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It gave the impression that the other cars wernt
Good enough or they wernt in the in crowd , confused me ( not hard i know)
A bit like picking the besy players lined up in the school yard !

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
That's right, in the original article I think they bemoaned all the 60s style Super Stockers which weren't there. This is them saying the type of car they see as in the Dragstalgia spirit I think. Don't think they set out to offend anyone!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
In the article on Dragstalgia Mike Pye made the point that there was so many cars missing that would have made for a bigger and better event. Don't think he was having a go just trying to rustle up a bit more interest for next year as it has the makings of a great event and who knows CC may give it their backing. Over to you Dave (biggadyke):tup:

·
Registered
809 Posts
In the article on Dragstalgia Mike Pye made the point that there was so many cars missing that would have made for a bigger and better event. Don't think he was having a go just trying to rustle up a bit more interest for next year as it has the makings of a great event and who knows CC may give it their backing. Over to you Dave (biggadyke):tup:
yep, that is definately why they are doing it. its a good idea i reckon.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yep, that is definately why they are doing it. its a good idea i reckon.
I'm all for support of nostalgia drag racing. Pity it took the Pod so long..... better late than never I suppose :p

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
im going to try and go next year....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts