Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dream cars film night, photos here please

I've just got home from what I can only describe as one of the best nights out I've had in a long time. Myself & KC55 arrived at 7ish & until the films started at around 9 we were bombarded with offers of nibbles, lager & bubbly by the excellent waiting staff while we had a look around the Dream Cars stock & the cars that had shown up.

The films were excellent, the first Chelsea Cruise only being knocked off the top slot by the huge cheer that a number plate managed to raise, mind you it did read 11 DYN...

As the first film finished we were invited to try a top flight curry & more complimentary Fosters, the Battersea Boys seem to have got hospitality sorted!

I did make a point of finding Milt & Stewart to thank them for a great night before we left but I think they may've started drinking a little earlier than I did so thanks Milt, Stuart, Nick Pettitt & all concerned for a brilliant night of nostalgia & hospitality, I can't wit 'til next Saturday, you are making it weekly aren't you?!

I'll post my few photos just as soon as I find the lead for the camera.

·
prostreet enthusiast
195 Posts
I can only agree with everybody else what better way to spend saturday night than at a film premier i have never been to one (even if it was'nt a real one) but was made to feel like a posh person there was bubbly & food flowing all night even walking in on a red carpet excellant A BIG THANKYOU TO STEW & MILT an evening i wont forget in a hurry.:tup:

·
1,147 Posts
Stew, Sam and Milt & Tracy done us proud. A fantastic night in good company. Great films and lots of memories. Great to catch up with old friends and to make new ones. Couldn't have been better, a night to remember. Thanks BBs

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Oh! What a night !

Yep ! It was AMAZING as Stew would say. And i bet he has the biggest sore head going this morning. Haven't you Stew? Well who would have thought there would have been such a great turnout last night? When Brian Surreys cine film was showed first every time Brian,Mike or Alex etc appeared on the screen everybody when crazy. Then Ken Sweeneys film came on it was even more mad. Alex photos from 1976 USA Trip with music was really great as well. What can you say but a massive thank you to Stew,Sam,Milt and Tracy plus all the others that made it happen. It will never be bettered. ps and Nick from Time Travel who put there Super 8 cine film on DVD so we could all enjoy a piece of history. From Ken, Ken's Brother :D George and his son James. Thanks again.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,752 Posts
Where do I start to write this one without getting it all wrong?
As the time drew nearer I knew it would be a good night. What I didn't expect was a simply great night...for me one for which the memory will last forever.
I was priviliged to be a part of a fantastic crowd of people in the seventies that all shared a common interest. As time moved on people came and went within that group but a common passion linked them all. In recent years the internet has shown me what I missed in the eighties as I moved into other areas of the hobby and brought home just how many people made up parts in that puzzle known as the 'Spirit Of The Fifties'. What Stewart and Milton did last night was to put that puzzle all together and bring back time. And they did it with a bang...
Photographers on the gate, a real red carpet, A steady stream of bubbly and canapes, Marilyn wandering freely, a real curry, choc ices!,endless bar, proper screen, cars and an obvious amount of very hard work to get the feel of things just right!
What the people did was bring themselves. Faces I hadn't seen in 30 years mingled with people I'd only got to know recently but each and every one went towards making the evening what it was. The funniest was looking into faces until it finally clicked just who they were. Someone saying 'I know you don't I?' Me saying 'yes I think you might...' Some I owe apolgies to as I couldn't remember the faces at all. Sorry!
For those that were there it will always be 'remember that film night at Dream Cars...'
Who to thank? Well Ken Sweeney(Ken57) was the catalyst with his Chelsea film. Then Nick Pettit(Timetravel) took things a little further with his help in transferring things to DVD. Things grew with film input from others, Alex, Ken, Brian, Pete and apologies to any others I've missed. But the stars?
Stewart, Milton, Sam, Tracey and your families. Your hospitality was just out of this world. You made everybody so welcome and spoilt us all beyond belief. Be proud of what you achieved because you truly touched every one of us. I'll never forget it. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
What can i add you said it all Steve. What a night when we got back to Essex Miltons Sams favorite part of the world:) dawn was breaking a looooong night.Cheers to every one from the Essex Gang.

·
1,147 Posts
I said thanks in the other post but to second what Ken said - Steve summed it all up perfectly - a great night organised with care and affection - generous to a fault with fantastic food and a free-flowing bar - thanks again guys (& gals)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
It sounds and looks like it was a really good night. Its a real shame we couldnt make it , maybe next time.
I think its very fair to say that our history and the nostalgia surrounding it is very important. The Americans realised it a number of years ago and we have too.

Well done to the Battersea Boys.......respect:smoke:

Now where are all those cars that went out of fashion???

Remember "Nostalgia is nothing new"

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
its dificult to add anything new to all of the glowing compliments that have already been written, what an evening ! myself and al ( hemi bucket ) turned up, not having a clue really what to expect, we have both been regular visitors to the cruise since the mid seventies and it looked like it was going to be quite an evening , what style, what planning, what a fantastic event ! certainly an evening to remember, a few old faces and a good few new ones, huge thanks milton and stewart, what an evening :tup::tup::tup:

kev

·
Registered
15 Posts
WOW WHAT A NIGHT thanks for such a good night as made welcome fron the start the food and drink the movie were excellant the best night i have had for a long time thanks milton stewart and all involved in setting up the night thanks again and whens the next one LOL:tup:

·
Like a Telefunkin U-47
54 Posts
Again a massive thank you to Stewart and Milton for what was a one-off evening of great memories on film and music.With food and drink laid on in such a professionally way you really did make the evening extra extra special.
Top night guys!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Milton, Stewart, family & friends,
My thoughts completely echo those who have posted previously, was a fantastic night, great to see faces old n new, the movies were like being transported back in time, with certain images being as clear as yesterday & some that I remembered when seeing, but had completly forgotton about.
The atmosphere, abundance of drink, excellent food & friends made it a trully memorable evening.
Many Thanks
Mark, Paul & Steve

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.