Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with my taste in movies more "Drive Angry" than "manon des sources" I hired out the appropraitly titled "Drive!" Last night from the local Blockbuster.

What a great film, very low budget it received a standing ovation at Cannes last year.

It stars Ryan Gosling as "A mysterious Hollywood stuntman, mechanic and getaway driver lands himself in trouble when he helps out his neighbour"

He is a mechanic, stunt man and would be stock car driver, that moonlights as a getaway driver. He drives a 1973 Chevelle which suits his character although not the first choice for a classic muscle car having missed the era by a year or two but looks right on the screen.

Couple of moody night time cruises with reat electronic 80's style soundtrack and couple of great driving sequences. Plenty of background muscle although he does drive a new mustang like he stole it, probably cos he just did lol

Not often I enjoy a film but the atmosphere alone in the film means I will buy it tomorow when available to buy, anyone else seen it yet? High recomended.:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.