Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever realised how long you have been driving and what distance you have covered ?

The car Iam using at the minute has a more intricate on-board computer than before. After playing with it for a while , I set some parameters.

I set off to work yesterday morning , 13 miles, did a bit of running about using mainly motorway and A roads , so you would think my average speed would be quite high and I would have covered a few miles.

Well , after getting home last night , it showed I had spent 3hrs 50 minutes behind the wheel , travelled only 96miles and averaged 29mph !!!!

I was very surprised , it just shows you cant get anywhere easy....more cars on the road .....

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,052 Posts
I used a pushbike speedo on my old Chevy truck. This showed highest maximum speed, hours driven and average speed.Likewise in 12,000 miles my average speed was only around 30 mph.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I spent nearly thirty years driving HGV's
about 80000 miles a year plus what ever I did in my cars
I must have been mad no I was mad !! :shake:

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
It seems the average speed of traffic in central London is 10 mph, the same as horse drawn carriages a century ago. :shake:

·
Registered
73 Posts
As some of you know Cath drives the van and I drive the Challenger, we sat and worked out time and mileage. This was in '05 when we raced at York and Avon BTW. Cath drove for 73hrs for me to race for roughly 4 1/2 mins and towed aprox 2500 miles for my 6 3/4 miles. :shocked:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts