Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever driven down that way?

Any probs/pointers for the trip?

How is Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia these days for political unrest, bandits etc?

Cheers,

Stew

·
Registered
294 Posts
roads can be very bad, not good for anything lowered, can be very narrow and winding, lots of roads not passable in certain areas you get transfered onto cartrains, lots of beasties in the summers of the small flying kind.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As others have said, roads can be very badly maintained, there are some nutters out there who like to overtake at any opportunity,
& on any side of you. Can be dusty as well, watch out for the odd very old horse & cart.

I have got an apartment right near Sunny Beach area, be careful of english people trying to run across the roads to get
to the Cheap bars & Cheap "Evening Entertainment":D:D:tup:

Massive range of cars, from beaten to death Ladas, up to Lambos (lots of them) big black Mercs full of large gentlemen in dark suits & dark glasses:shocked:

Watch out for the beggars as well, some families send their 5 year old kids out to beg & appeal to your kind giving British nature,
just tell them Nay, which is Bulgarian for no.

Cheers, Lee.

·
Registered
437 Posts
we go to sofia quite a bit and driving is ............................ well an experience lets put it that way
the rules are there is no rules
if you walkin round dont rely on the green x man cuz they dont take any notice of him
roads are crap in and around sofia
girls are fit and pretty

pm me if you any more info

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....the job went away BUT, I appreciate all the input which really is good to know!

One last thing... any pics of the LAY-DEEEZ!!! 8):tup::pmsl::D:incheek::cool:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
shit ,rather you than me , did you see ross kemp in sofia the other night with the gypos, mafia etc, what a shithole

·
Registered
499 Posts
long time since I was out there Yougoslavia was still Yougoslavia , went out to recover a scania an 40 ft that had been abandonded by the driver in Bulgaria found the local people to be very helpful an friendly the roads are bad an leathal when wet was told its something to do with what they put in their tarmac .....cheers DAVE

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I live in Bucharest and have an office in Sofia. Things aren't as bad as they used to be a few years ago. Never had a problem with Mafia but you will notice the black S class and X6s, normally going like bats out of hell. Potholes can be a problem in towns but the main roads between the towns are pretty good. Dogs are more of a problem in Romania than Bulgaria but rarely attack in either country and the ladies are definitely prettier here than there. It's easier to run through Hungary and Romania as you don't have to leave the EU. Petty crime is low in both countries compared to the UK. As someone said on here a while ago the drivers in both countries have no sense of their own mortality so always expect to find a car overtaking in your lane at the exit to every bend.

If anyone needs any help or an overnight stop I can normally help in Bucharest and I have truck workshops through Romania and Bulgaria so could probably help with urgent technical issues also

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
on a serious note the roads all through europe are good going to sofia the fastest is through serbia but you need a green card for insurance or you have to pay for insurance at the border normaly 140 euros
do not take a van or truck through serbia or they stick you with what they call sepdition and its fucking expensive go through romania and cross the river at on the romanian side to vidin theres a new bridge been built across the danube not sure if its open yet but there is a ferry croatia the roads are brilliant serbia pretty good always improving same as bulgaria they are improving all the time the new higways are great the old roads from the serbian border to sofia can be pretty ropey and loads of potholes the people in the main are very friendly and will help if they can treat them as you wish to be treated with respect and you wont go wrong i drive there couple times a year love it there all across europe serbia and romania at times have friends in sofia and various other citys in bg so travel across the country the scenery is amazing girls stunning even the working girls will make you look twice i kid you not as for the mafia dont bother you at all have there own things going on and beware they drive crazy compared to here but you get used to it quick
and always stick to the speed limits in the villages as you enter them as there is always speed traps there but drivers flash you up to let you know where they are on the roads to hope this helps for the future

1 - 18 of 18 Posts