Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, me and Nick have been working our socks off on the Slingshot and the dry build is now complete......here's some photos for you. Appreciate your comments good and bad.

Next step is the rip down, paint polish and chroming then testing within the next six weeks if it ever stops snowing !!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Good effort mate, Looks fantastic - credit where credits due.

When's the planned shake down? Bet Sid likes it.

Need any powder coating just give me a shout. Mates rates.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
I reckon it deserves some bigger photos, been wondering if you were doing anything to it. Just wondering, where are you mounting the headlamps?!

·
Registered
616 Posts
That looks absolutely fantastic Andy! Job well done.:tup:
Now, do you need a driver for it? :D or the T? don't mind which. :D

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Hemi's are just pure S E X !!

So, is the T going to be the towcar ??
Has it got wheelie bars ?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
looking very cool Andy. What class are you going to run in if any, Supercharged Outlaws, Wild Bunch, Pro ET.
Whatever looks like it's going to be as much fun as the T.:cool:

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
I may be talking bollocks here, but I can see two things that may cause a little concern.
1 Fromt motor mounts only have one fixing per side to chassis tabs, I would have thought two was better, to stop any rotational twist as engine revved.

2, Lack of bracings down chassis rails from top to bottom tubes, I was under the impression that diagonal struts were fitted to most slingshots, to stop twist in the chassis.

As I said, I may be wrong, in which case I will apologise, but I wouldn't like to see this thing going for scrutineering, and being failed, after it has been coated

1 - 20 of 114 Posts