1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My name is Martin
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
ready salted
1,817 Posts
In can't believe that the car following behind him didn't come to a stop well before the truck hit the bridge & as for the foot pedestrians on the bridge, the guy just stands there. I guess we'd all be running like fook the other way, cheers...Nige

·
Registered
778 Posts
I can't believe he got up to that speed with the buck tipped , I've driven bulkers an you can feel the thing swaying about at 5mph let alone the 50 odd he must've been doing , amazed it stayed upright long enough to get there :eek:

What a :wanker:

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
I can't believe he got up to that speed with the buck tipped , I've driven bulkers an you can feel the thing swaying about at 5mph let alone the 50 odd he must've been doing , amazed it stayed upright long enough to get there :eek:

What a :wanker:
you said pretty much what i would have, iv driven tippers and like you stated they realy move about at full tilt, got tbh i realy would'nt have belived this would have happened, most bridges get hit because there to low:S

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
fuck sake

as stevie says fuck me you know when body is up they sway enuf when you tip,how the fuck did he not see in the mirrors and worse how did he not feel it.WHAT A FUCKING CUNT.:wanker::wanker:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now that was scary - can't believe the people driving through the rubble...they could be driving over the poor people who fell off the bridge.

Reminds me of a few years ago when a Skip truck drove through a rail bridge near where I work. The cab fitted under but the back didn't, it hit the side of the bridge and flicked the cab up and into the bottom of the bridge. It crushed the top of the cab in. The guys in it were ok thankfully.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello. This happened on the A2 about 25 years ago. I didn't see it happen but the truck was still connected to the bridge and the police had not yet arrived. The truck hit a concrete bridge. The bridge stopped the truck dead. The wind screen was gone so I assumed the driver went thru it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That was on the news this morning. They said it was a hydraulic failure which released the tipper
hydraulic pump is driven off the side of the gearbox,you cant change gear any sense when its in "pto".even if it was engaged,you would still have to put the body controls in raise position.i think the driver must be a bit of a cock.he either left the site with the pto engaged,or possibly didnt even lower the body after leaving the tip.whatever,he didnt check his mirrors very often and as others have stated,didnt have much of a feel for his vehicle.
imagine ringing your boss and telling him what had happened.:oops::wanker:

·
Registered
778 Posts
:yeahthat:

Mick , can't quite tell from the vid if its a Stralis or a Scania R , but do the PTO's on the new autobox motors engage in the same way as a manual ? Always drove manual bulkers myself and you needed to use the clutch ...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Still doesn't explain how the twat in the wagon managed to do it though ;)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Just noticed you can see the driver with his hands holding his head near the end of the vid. He turns away after a few seconds to go back to his cab.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts