Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
yes, just seen on the news my local DVLA in Ipswich Suffolk will be one of the 39 offices said to close......what a shitter!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
yer leeds and shefield mentioned

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To my CERTAIN knowledge they have been trying to shut down LOs'for over 30 years, technology has now given them the tools to make it viable.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Aint been trying kev they shut a lot about 12 year ago and i know of one vlo bloke has been offered a job at vosa in the last week,,

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know about the ones 12 years back but I remember many shutting around '85 . The times are achanging but you knew that anyway Treve;)

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats hgv testing stations, already doing it, they are now operated by private companies with vosa staff still doing the actual tests.
We've details on that on the ACE site as well ;) The drawback on that for us is that many also do BIVA tests but the new ATFs ( Authorised Test Facilities) don't have to take that side on. Although many think the test is expensive it is still run at a a loss for the time and facilities involved .

·
1,147 Posts
I think Zoar St in Southwark shut down 12 years ago. Wimbledon and Sidcup on the list to go. Yep times a changing............ now where was that stack of old V5s ?
(joke guys - don't panic)

·
Registered
225 Posts
our office in truro closes in march next year.
they say that they will be offering a much more efficient service online, so thats good.
ill be moved to essex then which leaves the nearest to me being peterborough which is closing in july next year.
peterborough is to far so closing them down is probably a good idea i think.
were all online most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Your correct it is closing in march however a few may be at a vosa office in pool,,same lot under another name,,,dont know how they are going to get on mind as they hate each other...

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That'll be Robin and Stuart then, both quite on the ball for DVLA inspectors , though not as good as ACE ;)

·
Brixton Hill Buick Inc.
1,128 Posts
...so where will we park on yellow lines in order for the DVLA staff member to come out to inspect our chassis numbers?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts