Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know this has been a well covered topic so I apologise...

I have read the Ace notifications regarding rebodies too..

What I would like to know is how does the chassis mod ban work with regards to changing suspension, steering and rear diffs??

My understanding is essentially don't take any of the original structure away and don't add bits that go outside the perimetre of the original frame??

So does this mean we can weld brackets for diff changes and drill wholes etc for suspension and steering parts??

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,124 Posts
Nope, any welding , apart from change of body mounts is not acceptable. To change suspension etc you have to pick up on existing mounting points OR fresh crossmembers WITHIN existing chassis WITHOUT moving or altering any existing members.

Don't forget that you have the 8 points to account for as well with original unmodified within the guidelines) as a mandatory 5 points to start with.

What are you hoping to do and I can advise if it's possible within the 8 points system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, any welding , apart from change of body mounts is not acceptable. To change suspension etc you have to pick up on existing mounting points OR fresh crossmembers WITHIN existing chassis WITHOUT moving or altering any existing members.

Don't forget that you have the 8 points to account for as well with original unmodified within the guidelines) as a mandatory 5 points to start with.

What are you hoping to do and I can advise if it's possible within the 8 points system.
Hey Kapri..

Firstly thank you for your continued advice.. You always seem happy to advice on such things..

I have no concrete plans as yet.. I have a really nice looking Riley RME chassis which I purchased off of the gentleman Leadpipelouie on here.. I am at the planning and thinking ahead stage and just wondered what my options are for suspension upgrades etc as I am guessing the riley ones aren't much to write home about..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts