Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Not sure what happened to the Ford delivery, it disappeared. I believe it was actually a two door wagon with the windows panelled in. Ran a 289/auto.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
The last time i saw brian's 58 cop's car was at southend sea front film set cruisin, and the last shot in the vidio for the record spin rock boogie also taken at the same time which was on top of the pop's.--------nothing to with ford's

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
The last time i saw brian's 58 cop's car was at southend sea front film set cruisin, and the last shot in the vidio for the record spin rock boogie also taken at the same time which was on top of the pop's.--------nothing to with ford's
YEP I REMEMBER THAT WAS THERE PETE, THAT WAS THE NIGHT THAT STARTED RODDING FOR ME......:tup:​

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
pete-you got anymore memorys of cars there that night that may of been filmed 4 "cruisin":tup:
hi steve i was there with bro redmad ken in his 55 belair when it was blue, also there the ruderford bro pop and keith harvey's model a pick up i think,and load's more, 1976 was a long time ago,memory not so hot but im sure ken or martyn b will remember the rest.::s

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
I WAS ABOUT 12, I WAS DOWN THE SEAFRONT WITH MUM & DAD ON THE PENNY MACHINES, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT A HOT ROD OR CUSTOM CAR WAS.

DAD CAME IN FROM OUTSIDE & TOLD ME TO COME OUT & LOOK AT THE CARS, MY MEMORIES ARE VAGUE BUT I KNOW I STAYED THERE A FEW MINUTES LONGER AS I WAS HOOKED ON THE PENNY MACHINE, I EVENTUALLY WENT OUTSIDE, THE SEAFRONT HAD BEEN SHUT OFF TO NORMAL CARS & IT WAS WALL TO WALL WITH THESE STRANGE CARS, THE LIKES OF WHICH I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE, I REMEMBER OWEN WILLIAMS WARP 8, THIS ONE MUST HAVE MADE A LASTING IMPRESSION ON ME AS I DONT REALLY REMEMBER MUCH ELSE APART FROM THE COP CAR MENTIONED ABOVE, NATURALLY I HAVE BEEN HOOKED EVER SINCE......WISH I HAD A CAMERA!!

& I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THERE ARE NOT ANY PHOTOS FROM THAT NIGHT OUT THERE, THEY SEEM TO BE AS RARE A THE FILM!!!! :tup:​

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You're right Steve,I never knew he had a 59 ford,unless it was a friends car.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bob - any idea where/when the second pic (the line up) was taken? I'd put money on the white RHD 56 4dr HT being SXN 909. I've only owned it since 2000, but would love to know some more of it's back story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts