Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Kieth McKee's photo album from the 70's.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Was it Alan Butcher that built a Jago 5 window that was featured on the cover of CC Nick, a dark red 'flake with Appliance Steel Spokes & a Ford engine?

I remember being in the car park alongside the river at Chelsea in the '70's when they cleared some of it so a purple SBC powered T & another car that escapes me could have a bit of a drag race, sure it was the one shown above.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was Alan Butcher they guy from hornchurch who owned the original ford transist supervan?
He challenged me to a race one day in my own transit, as he thought I had a V8 in it, and when he said he had supervan, I thought he meant the reliant version.:shock:

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
Was it Alan Butcher that built a Jago 5 window that was featured on the cover of CC Nick, a dark red 'flake with Appliance Steel Spokes & a Ford engine?

I remember being in the car park alongside the river at Chelsea in the '70's when they cleared some of it so a purple SBC powered T & another car that escapes me could have a bit of a drag race, sure it was the one shown above.
yep that was Alan Butcher... here's the coupe in '78 at Ally Pally

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Is there anything else other than history of our hobby in the memory banks of your brain Mark.

At times you amaze me with the amount of knowledge you have mate. :tup:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
[QUOTE Alan Butcher, here's the coupe in '78 at Ally Pally
[/QUOTE]

Thank god someone has identified the car and put a pic up, it was driving me mad, I recognised the description but could not place it, must be an age thing! You must have been sat on my pals shoulders when you took that pic, I was at that show and looking through his albums the other day he has near enough the same pic!
Micky T.

Also... Now I think there was two Capri's called 'White Heat', I recall one being at that show with some ribbon effect paintwork on the sides; was it that show or an earlier one I was at? Any pics of that?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That's the one, the top pic is the one I remember, always wanted a jacked up, customised Capri after seeing that....... Never got one though!

Micky T.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi it's me again Bazza.I bought the capri when it was 6 months old.It was a 3.1 v6,had loads of races up the M1 in it.didn't get beat very often.Then sold it to Terry Musk who turned it into White Heat.
I also bought the rear engine ford transit.from Alan Butcher.that's anothe 2 strings to my bow.I will no doubt think of something eles later.Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts