Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend a decent one?...without breaking the bank...

looking for a 6 x 3m.

Sid.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Sid, they're bloody expensive and heavy for what they are. I bought one from this lot Instant Shelters, Pop Up Gazebos and Mini Marquees from Surf & Turf about 7 years ago, fairly easy to put up but even the 3M x 3M is heavy. A 6M x 3M one comes with it's own trolley type sack barrow. Don't bother buying the sides, I did and we've never used them as it gets too windy.

The best awning I've had we're off the side of the bus/van. A length of ally track, a canvas sheet and ally poles ratched tight. Personally I'd save the momey, buy a decent fitted cover and build your own off the van.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Another vote for Surf and Turf here Sid. Hamilton Motorsport Supply sell the same easy - ups but for much more money. I have a 6m x 3m steel framed one and its very robust but bloody heavy, a two man job to carry. They supplied the sides too with an all in price, no trolley though.
We got a couple of alloy framed easy - ups (3x3 & 6x3)for the Hot Rod Drags from these people Gazebos for sale, buy a cheap garden gazebo They seem to be OK so far, decent quality with octagonal legs and they say they will supply all spares to repair them to.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,was looking for some temporary coverage to work outside over the winter.
(phil i have an awning on the van)..and maybe use it at one day shows etc with the car.
may just go for a cheap garden tent thing for now..

having had a look round on the net this morning half decent easy ups arnt cheap..

Sid.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
ah I see Sid. If you want a cheap one I think Costco or the like do them party tents in that size. Just watch the grinding sparks as the sides are plastic and melt easy, might want some 1in ratchets to hold it all together too. I've got the same problem, pampered dragster taking up the garage whilst I'm out in the cold working on the Pop.....

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds familiar mate...:D

im posting that parcel for you later by the way.

Sid.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I had one of those white Party tents. The white cover lasted about a year before it fell apart. There's a classic car guy near me who has row of similar shelters with brown covers. Had them about five years with no problems.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Cosco ones are the more robust type with the bigger tubes. Cut the legs down so its lower and less of a parachute. With my 6x3 eze up I use 25 litre water canisters bought from a tropical fish store. These are dam heavy and keep it anchored down. Dont bother with the cheap party tents they will last about a day in the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts