Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a seller on US EBay selling sets of unused Gabriel shock absorbers for 57 Ranchero's. but he won't ship outside the US. Russ at R & R has agreed to bring them in for me if I ship them to his contact in the US. No problem! But there is......

EBay won't let me buy the shock absorbers as my account is outside of the US, I get an error message when I try to buy them.

Is there a way round this? I have contacted the seller, but had no response. I just want to buy them, ship to Russ's contact in NJ and get the home!

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
see if someone on the H.A.M.B can help you. he may even be on there .

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Sign up to us ebay. BTW, when I see something that's listed as US only, I email the seller and they often will ship to you if you ask them.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If I remember rightly, when I signed up to US ebay some years ago, I had to use an american bank account for a small sum to be taken to prove legibility.
Luckily enough, I used my lady friends one from Nth Carolina.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
If all else fails give me a shout and I'll get a buddy in CA to buy and forward them over here , only trouble is paying 2 lots of postage but he will mark them down as used car parts @ $15

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks folks. The seller hasn't responded to my last question and now has his account set so that you can only answer the EBay standard question selections, I just get an error message when I select the other option to contact the seller. Bit of a shit really as the set of four shocks were about $89. I did try to find a comparison/interchangability site to see if something European used similar sized ones, but I drew a blank. Someone recommended one but it didn't have enough size detail on it.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
English Impala
Try putting request for the shocks u need in the ''stuff wanted'' section. Maybe with some pics and dimensions. There's lots of knowledgable blokes on here I'm sure someone will have some Idea's.
..Nige..
I hasten to add I've got some Monroe's to sell for a light truck so if you post some size's and how they're fitted/attached you might be in luck ...............:tup:

·
Nowheresville
3,132 Posts
Have you tried Rock Auto? They seem to keep a good range of stuff, and are cheap. I'd say, if he doesn't want to help his county's balance of payments with a few exports (although probably of Chinese-made tat), them fuck 'im. I don't waste time on that sort of seller.

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Thanks folks. The seller hasn't responded to my last question and now has his account set so that you can only answer the EBay standard question selections, I just get an error message when I select the other option to contact the seller. Bit of a shit really as the set of four shocks were about $89. I did try to find a comparison/interchangability site to see if something European used similar sized ones, but I drew a blank. Someone recommended one but it didn't have enough size detail on it.
Y'know what. I think by now I would have given him a wide berth.
Can you imagine trying to get a refund if they don't turn up?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.