Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the advert saying I can do my bit for climate change by driving my car 5 miles less ? So if I only drive 1 of our currently 5 cars on the road I must be an eco warrior ? Jonny 69 ..where are you ? :incheek::tup:

·
richard rawlplug
8,140 Posts
Just watched the advert saying I can do my bit for climate change by driving my car 5 miles less ? So if I only drive 1 of our currently 5 cars on the road I must be an eco warrior ? Jonny 69 ..where are you ? :incheek::tup:
i would love to drive my car 5 miles less a week,but how would i get to work on a friday????

i suppose the climate change boys and girls think we drive our cars for fun..:wacky:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will all have noticed the subtle change from the campaign being called 'global warming' to 'climate change' hence we can now osmehow blame the ice age that is now approaching on excess use of fuel as well.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
after the seeming sham that the climate change summit was a few months ago, it seems to have gone bit quiet dont ya think, all these world leaders, with a chance to save the world etc etc etc, who all jetted in and out.....
couldnt decide the best way to save the world so decided on a few token gestures and all went away. so they ask me to drive 5 miles less a week, so its my fault :shake:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Eco-propoganda

Eco-ads , don't you just hate them ,boring tired cliches and doomsday messages to frighten the gullible.
Dr. G Hitler's 'spin doctor' said "If a lie is repeated often enough it becomes the truth",I feel we are being offered plenty lies and half-truths by politicians of all parties who are united by two things-they all want power and control over our lives and they seem to relish bleeding us dry at the fuel pump. Global Warming is the answer ! A perfect scam to enable them to do both.
In earlier eras those in power frightened the gullible with Witchcraft and similar ploys...
I'll be doing my bit for Global Warming with a nice set of Edelbrock RPM heads later this year and I'll hope to be doing a lot more miles to the shows drags and events this year, hope some of you will be joining me .

·
Registered
612 Posts
i thought we were coming out off an ice age.
thats why were gradually warming up.
we are mate, we've been in an ice age for a few thousand years, ice ages being classed as a period where there is ice at the 2 poles. naturally this period can last up to 12000 years.
Global warming/climate change is a natural event, it just seems that man has contributed to this cycle by releasing "green house gasses", causing the whole process to speed up, leaving the world unable to keep up with the rate of change.

think i need a lie down

·
Administrator
9,912 Posts
5 miles a week less this year, 5 miles a week less next year, 5 miles a week less the year after.......not long after that we will have mileage rationing.

Very easy to do as well.

Simple, all driving licences only last one year.

You have to buy a new licence every year as all current licences will be made obselete.

Licences are deemed to allow you 7.000 miles per annum and will be cross referenced with insurance companies who will be made to collect mileages of all vehicles every year as part of you insurance details.

The V5C will also have a new section demanding the mileage of cars by both buyer & seller ( so neither can 'gain' miles) which will also be cross referenced.

Anyone needing to drive more will have to buy mileage 'credits' from the govt in exactly the same way as companies have to buy carbon credits now.

Far easier than road pricing and will create enormous profits for the credit traders.

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
ironic really, the government suggests that I drive five miles less each week, but then I couldn't get to work on friday, and guess who I work for? The government.
Tho I will give it a go as an excuse for not turning up tomorrow :D

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
you lot want to wake up and smell the coffee!.
if we dont act soon we really are doomed.
you need to remember that its not a bunch of blokes in the pub saying "ooh its a bit milder than when i were a lad" but the studied opinion of a whole load of SCIENTISTS and EXPERTS!.
people with years of experiance and knowledge using cutting edge equipment
computers and techniques to draw these conclusions.
the same people that warned us about the Y2K bug and believe me climate change is just as big a threat!

·
Registered
337 Posts
you lot want to wake up and smell the coffee!.
if we dont act soon we really are doomed.
you need to remember that its not a bunch of blokes in the pub saying "ooh its a bit milder than when i were a lad" but the studied opinion of a whole load of SCIENTISTS and EXPERTS!.
people with years of experiance and knowledge using cutting edge equipment
computers and techniques to draw these conclusions.
the same people that warned us about the Y2K bug and believe me climate change is just as big a threat!
Yep, I'm quaking in my boots at the God awful disaster about to happen; just like Y2K.

Of course when it doesn't happen, nobody will notice that I've swapped to sniggering to myself, as the external symptoms are much the same!

·
Paint it or Lose it
738 Posts
so are we really gonna get flooded if the ice caps melt i doubt it very much

get a glass of water and put ice into the water rises?? yes well wait for the ice to melt the water goes down again

its exactly the same thing just the world is just a big f**k off glass of water :tup:

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
at the moment welney wash is flooded this is done deliberately and the water removed when somebody decides it should be while it is flooded its a 20 mile extra journey to go around so much for driving 5 miles less a week!

·
Registered
267 Posts
You will all have noticed the subtle change from the campaign being called 'global warming' to 'climate change' hence we can now osmehow blame the ice age that is now approaching on excess use of fuel as well.
None of this is aimed at you Kev, I just quoted your post.

In the 1970s the available science suggested there might be cooling. They didn't understand what was going on and didn't have the technology to look further back at the climate than their records, so started studying it a bit closer.

That was 40 years ago and since then there have been many discoveries that link CO2 with climate, from looking back at what has happened in the past using ice cores, tree rings, sediment at the bottom of the sea, whatever. There is also a very definite rise in temperature, much higher than it should be naturally and it follows the same curve as the CO2 levels have, as expected.

GCSE and O Level geography also tells us that our weather in Blighty is controlled largely by the Gulf Stream. It stops us having extreme hot summers and extreme cold winters. If the flow of the Gulf Stream is tampered with then it doesn't regulate the temperature here and our weather starts to swing wildly.

When ice is melting and large amounts of cold water are being dumped in to the ocean the flow of the Gulf Stream is affected and large areas get cold. They didn't know that in the 1970s.

Strange how if not everywhere gets hot the science which correctly predicted it is rubbished as a scam, hence renaming it climate change. Don't think it's not warming though, there are billions of people worldwide already struggling with the heat while we're cold.

But, because a load of hotrodders on one of the smallest islands in the world say it's not happening then of course it's not happening. They know much more about the subject.:tup:

I don't know why I've bothered wasting my time typing all this out and it is a waste of time. Maybe I just like fighting my corner.

·
Registered
267 Posts
so are we really gonna get flooded if the ice caps melt i doubt it very much

get a glass of water and put ice into the water rises?? yes well wait for the ice to melt the water goes down again

its exactly the same thing just the world is just a big f**k off glass of water :tup:
And when you defrost the ice in your freezer it runs out all over the floor doesn't it? There's a lot of ice melting on Greenland that you forgot about :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts