Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
I'm interested in this, what size carb is it? What size Rover V8 has it been used on? Hope I can find the money in time before it goes!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was going to use it on a 3.5 rover. This is what it came off. was told it was edelbrock/weber 500 Bought of NSRA forum. Dont need it anymore as I sold pop it was going on. I can take paypal if this helps. I am only getting money back. I couldnt find an edelbrock for as little as this for ages when I was looking.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Ha ha, i was just about to email this to you street...

looks like what you need... should be a 500...
Thanks 10mpg, appreciate the thought! :tup:

Looks like what I need then, I'm just working on getting the funds together. If it goes before I manage it then it's not meant to be, but I'll let you know :)
Also, bit confused on the metal strip needed on the step up piston... I'm not really sure what it is so I can't picture the job. Is it as easy as knocking something up at home? Don't suppose you could do a pic of the bit in question?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you look at pic that shows top of carb you will see it. It would be just a small flat piece of metal with a hole to go over centre stud and the other end would cover the piston, or you could take the cover off the other one draw round it and make a new cover. Its about the size of a pound coin, but just thin metal with a small hole for screw to hold it down. Or you could buy a new or second hand cover for a couple of quid as they are the same on all edelbrock carbs in this range and not specific .

I have had a closer look at carb and cant confirm it is a 500 I can only go by what I was told. The carb has W for weber symbol cast into it (webers/edelbrock same thing) numbers from carb are 9635SA2002 and 06132-16 3.

SO FIRST OFFER OF £100 PLUS POST TAKES IT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts