Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
This, when all said and done, is a site about cars, bikes, planes..
Quite......However this thread is about elections and it's posted in chat. I agree with you Nigel that some of the anti-UKIP points sound like good reasons to vote UKIP....

You crack on son..

·
Erect member
254 Posts
Ummm, I don't really see what's wrong with that.

I come from a "deprived" area.
Pretty much every household in my street were long term unemployed children of the long term unemployed.
They all had children of their own, who will no doubt grow up to be unemployed.

Give me one good reason why these people can't go out and do some work for their benefits ?
Yes, I disagree with having them working for Tesco, asda etc, but why can't they do all the little jobs which councils can't afford to do any more ?
Keeping the streets tidy, cutting old folks' grass for them, cleaning graffiti off things, shit like that

How is it a fair world when they do fuck all, every single day, have the latest mobiles, Sky telly, spend all day in the pubs and get taxis back and forward to get there, and I worked 60 hours a week to pay my rent and struggle to have a few beers on a Saturday ?

Dole money should be paid in vouchers, not cash. Then you are limited on where you can spend it.

No doubt some will whine that's against your human rights.
Tough titty.

You get the money for fuck all, so stop your moaning.
If you don't like it, then get a fuckin job, parasite !

UKIP are worse than the other parties. They make the Tories look like they are turning pink...!

UKIP's Disappearing Welfare Policy: Claimants are "a parasitic underclass of scroungers" | the void

Ukip plans to stop benefit claimants buying tobacco and alcohol | Black Triangle Campaign

DO NOT VOTE #UKIP! VOTE #GREEN OR #TUSC ! #UKIP candidate posted hate group material to official party pages UKIP candidate posted hate group material to official party pages | Political Scrapbook

:grr:

To Quote some of the articles about them...: "Even some claimants have been sucked in as the party has gone deliberately quiet about their own welfare policies. When @boycottworkfare began tweeting their workfare plans to claimants who thought UKIP might be on our side, they decided to 'disappear' their welfare policy summary from their website."

"UKIP's welfare policies include forced unpaid work for all Housing and Council Tax Benefit claimants, Incapacity Benefit (now ESA) slashed to Job Seeker's Allowance rates and childcare support for working parents demolished. Don't trust them."

"UKIP will: Require those on benefits - starting with Housing and Council Tax Benefit recipients in private rented homes - to take part in council-run local community projects called 'Workfare' schemes. The schemes will be in addition to council jobs"

"Even some claimants have been sucked in as the party has gone deliberately quiet about their own welfare policies. When @boycottworkfare began tweeting their workfare plans to claimants who thought UKIP might be on our side, they decided to 'disappear' their welfare policy summary from their website.

Luckily it was still available on google cache, where it won't stay for ever so it's reproduced below. They also forgot to remove the full policy document from their server which can be downloaded at: http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPwelfare.pdf "

SO PLEASE DO NOT BE SUCKED INTO VOTING FOR THE UKIP, AS THEY WILL MAKE ALL THAT HAS GONE ON BEFORE LOOK LIKE A KINDERGARTEN...!!!

·
Erect member
254 Posts
Yes, it is.

It also has some "off topic lounges". Chat, adult, etc, etc, etc.............
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is in "chat", therefore doesn't require to be about cars, bikes or planes.........................

If this was in "on topic", I would agree with you, but as it is, it seems like you're trying desperately to outsmart a "young whippersnapper", and not quite carrying it off.

Disagree with the guy all you want, but entering into a pissing contest isn't noble.....
This, when all said and done, is a site about cars, bikes, planes.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
well, vote cast on the way to work this morning, we will see how it pans out, although after the smear campaign in the last 2 days, somebody is worried. amusing to someone who can see through the mist, cos clearly the main 3 haven't been fiddling or acting appropriately have they???????

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ummm, I don't really see what's wrong with that.

I come from a "deprived" area.
Pretty much every household in my street were long term unemployed children of the long term unemployed.
They all had children of their own, who will no doubt grow up to be unemployed.

Give me one good reason why these people can't go out and do some work for their benefits ?
Yes, I disagree with having them working for Tesco, asda etc, but why can't they do all the little jobs which councils can't afford to do any more ?
Keeping the streets tidy, cutting old folks' grass for them, cleaning graffiti off things, shit like that

How is it a fair world when they do fuck all, every single day, have the latest mobiles, Sky telly, spend all day in the pubs and get taxis back and forward to get there, and I worked 60 hours a week to pay my rent and struggle to have a few beers on a Saturday ?

Dole money should be paid in vouchers, not cash. Then you are limited on where you can spend it.

No doubt some will whine that's against your human rights.
Tough titty.

You get the money for fuck all, so stop your moaning.
If you don't like it, then get a fuckin job, parasite !
Deffo with you on that :tup:

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts

Gets my vote. Do something, at least. Very sensible and logical conclusion as far as I am concerned.
Now to find a party with enough balls to put it in to action

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
But that sounds like a "job" where they would have to be paid "wages". Or do you want them to undercut the working wage?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts