Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a 16" ish electric fan asap please, anybody got a spare one they're not using?

Thanks,
Micky T.

·
Registered
231 Posts
got a new blow through with a 12" blade spal fan if any good mick that's in my swop meet box that i didn't use £30. malc only 15mins down road as you know.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Malc, it's a 16" one that's come off so I'm trying to get one the same. What did yours cool before, would it do for a 4.0L Rover V8? Wish it would work, 'specially with you being so close. I'll have a think and let you know, would you be able to bring it to cruise night this Saturday?

Thanks mate,
Micky T.

Just had a thought, you say 'blow through', I need a 'pulling' fan, is it just a case of reversing the wires to make it spin the other way, I've done that before.

·
Registered
231 Posts
not used fan at all, finished getting 2 smaller fan's. think fan as a direction on it so not sure if ok in reverse, i'll check later today. if mick doesn't have I'll be going to billing if any good.

just checked mick, does show a direction which gives a blow through.(checked) might work in reverse but don't think it would be as good. if i was you if car as run ok with the fan that's broke i would at least change like for like mate! malc

·
Registered
231 Posts
sorry but not been on here for a few weeks. WB54 if you still interested in the fan i'll take it down to Billing on friday. i'll be camping on the river bank, mines the '32 STANDARD. cheers malc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts