Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nine(!!!!) years of ownership, my '60 Impala went to a new home today down in Cornwall. Absolutely gutted, but its gone to a good home. Won't be replacing it just yet, but the moneys in MY bank account, not a joint one, so at least it won't be turned into some item of furniture....

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Nine years ownership is quite a long time. So what's next then -you're surely not just going to leave the cash in the bank with all of those tempting rides for sale here there and everywhere...

·
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably a mid 50's wagon, something not quite so wide as the Impala, trying to negotiate it round the streets wasn't enjoyable! I thought about another Triumph Stag for a while, fortunately I came to my senses pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Liked the look of your 'imp' especially with the larger rims.
You are right about the size being a limiting factor for normal use on British roads...
Stags can be a lovely car but only without the horrible standard engine, what about a small block Ford orChev powered sleeper ?

·
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had a Stag before & the small Triumph V8 burble is no match for a small block Chevy...... I also had a mk1 Triumph 2000 fitted wit a Rover V8, sounded nice but wouldn't pull you out of bed.

The next one has got to be finished, because the Impala took 9 years I actually ended up hating it when it was finished if you know what I mean?

·
Cannibals c.c
686 Posts
Shit Gary didnt realise you were gonna sell it! Still,like you say, you've now gotta get something thats already done and have a bit of 'glory' time, otherwise you tend to lose interest (happens to us all)
Spose my A's all alone in your garage now lol, I'l have to try and sort out some sort of storage down here in Bedford soon. I'l give you a ring next week mate, and thanks again.

·
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andy, if I find any more bits & pieces I'll package them up & send them down. There's some tins of paint in the boot so take them out ASAP before the hot weather makes them pop......

Crust, yep, just kind of fell out of love with it. Just never had the time to sort out the poor running which kinda took the love away! The worst thing for a car is to sit in a garage unused so I decided the "kindest" thing to do was to move it on.

·
Fat 'n' Loud
4,766 Posts
Ah, I feel a session in the pub and some guidance coming on.

Let me know when

Steve
I can help there. Guidance is my middle name. (That may have been because my parents hated me).

p.s. Gary, if you buy any form of Triumph I'll publish those photos I've got of you. And I mean ALL of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.