Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me out i eventualy want to stick an eight in my amazon but ned to know if i can get away without cutting the bulkhead innerwinggs etc before i decide on chevy s/b ford or rover etc.. so measurments of ford and chevy small block engines would be very helpful..
eg width from manifold to manifold ...lengh from bulkhead to front of fan and heighth from bottom of sump to to of air filter ....
not looking to build a racing car so standard internals for reliability etc so no huge carbs or blowers on the top would like it in a sleeper style any help would be grand cheers comrades:)

·
Stroker
5,499 Posts
NTBA

That's got the basic dims on. Don't seem to be much difference betwixt the Chevy and Ford.
The Chevy has a rear sump and distributor, Ford t'other way around.
Couldn't see on the web how a Volvo is configured but it may be the biggest influence for an easy fit. :tup:

I suppose if either had the full aluminium Edelbrock heads, inlet and water pump they could shave a chunk of weight off.

cheers
Jimbo

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good stuff cheers the tba stuff particularly interestin will brave the out doors with a tape measure when the rain stops cheers :)

·
Premium Member
14,678 Posts
had to cut the bulkhead and tunnel to get a 302 ford in an amazon i have in at the mo'. otherwise the rad would be in the boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts