Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gauging interest, as still in car. 1960 mk2 zephyr 2.5 straight 6, and 3 speed manual box, all complete, ancillaries, starts, runs fine, no smoke, no rattles, wht it worth, thnks

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Given the new rules regarding not allowing an ad with no price then "whatever somebody is willing to pay " and "start at 300 pounds " make no sense if he is going to use this site to sell his gear and that's the problem with the new rule ..if you don't know the worth of something you aren't allowed to have it on for offers leaving you no option for offering it here first and all that's left is evilbay which is shit but will give a true indication of what the market worth of an item is

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Given the new rules regarding not allowing an ad with no price then "whatever somebody is willing to pay " and "start at 300 pounds " make no sense if he is going to use this site to sell his gear and that's the problem with the new rule ..if you don't know the worth of something you aren't allowed to have it on for offers leaving you no option for offering it here first and all that's left is evilbay which is shit but will give a true indication of what the market worth of an item is
This isn,t the for sale section though is it ? this is chat and chatting is what we are doing.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I am well aware that this is the chat section And thats why i said.. IF he is going to sell his stuff on this site .. doesnt make it less true though does it i have some cougar and mustang bits for sale but i dont know what they are worth so i cant advertise them on here as i dont know what to ask so ebay it is which i think is a shame as id rather let somebody on here make an offer but that isnt allowed any more ?? the daft bit to me is that if i do put a price on the item to stay within the rule then i will probably get offers less than im asking so what is to stop me staying within the rules by asking a silly amount for it and then seeing what the best price is that gets offered ...

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I am well aware that this is the chat section And thats why i said.. IF he is going to sell his stuff on this site .. doesnt make it less true though does it i have some cougar and mustang bits for sale but i dont know what they are worth so i cant advertise them on here as i dont know what to ask so ebay it is which i think is a shame as id rather let somebody on here make an offer but that isnt allowed any more ?? the daft bit to me is that if i do put a price on the item to stay within the rule then i will probably get offers less than im asking so what is to stop me staying within the rules by asking a silly amount for it and then seeing what the best price is that gets offered ...
Nothing at all.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
or you could just decide what you would be happy with or ask as this chap has done with out making out the rules are the problem ... it,s not hard is it ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts