Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dismantled Ford 302 needing a rebuild. It needs boring, new pistons/rings, crank grind, block cleaning & re-assembling (with core plugs etc replaced) I have a new cam to go with it. Anyone recommended and also a rough figure to do the work AND supply bearings, pistons etc?

Behind the above is a Ford AOD gearbox that is supposed to be good. Can these be inspected to confirm this without completely stripping them down?

·
The Camino Kid
1,169 Posts
Real Steel can probably help out with all the parts you'll need for the rebuild. As for cost I guess it depends on how mild or wild you want to go. If you're having the block machined etc you could, should you so wish, go for a stroker kit. Real Steel have them starting at around £950. As for the trans, I'd err on the side of caution and strip it to inspect it properly. The amount of times that a motor or trans was supposed to be good and wasn't unfortunately happens more then it should. You can buy rebuild kit of one for a £150ish and include everything to complete the task except for fluids etc and at least you'd have the peace of mind thatyou'll know the trans would deffinately be good. Hope this helps in some small way, Rog.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
$3.5k for a crate 302, there's three C4's in need of a good home in the for sales (in one post) for £300, give them to Frosty and get him to make you a good one (or two) I'd junk the AOD...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My friend near Heathrow has 2 or 3 302 blocks / engines for sale. Add it all up & a crate engine will be within a pint of beer compared to what you would spend on fully rebuilding what you have. Only downside is you have to cough up for the crate engine in one go.

·
Registered
681 Posts
please give me a call on the engine, i stock everything real steel do, if noi can get it.

im only down the a38 from you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts