Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a mate has an old 47 art deco truck, the engine is shot so he looking at either swapping out the old 216ci for a full pressure 235ci or swapping to a sbc and auto trans. what sort of cost can I expect to look at for the sbc conversion? pm me with estimates if that's better.

Thanks in advance
Carl

·
Premium Member
7,570 Posts
What rear end are you swapping too.

If you do that chances are youre need different rear wheels to suit the new pcd,then you may need to move the spring perches on the axle if they dont line up.

Also while youre doing that,you may wanna drop it a bit,unless you like the stock height.

Big issue would be with the engine.are you buying a runner or taking a chance with one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Um quote for that too?? the rear end doesn't need to be performance oriented it just for a reliable runner, keeping stock height as the truck looks stock just want the v8 driveability and sound with the laziness of the auto trans to make a really useable truck. engine wise would prob be a crate motor. would need to sort the ancillaries too unless I find somethin complete that I know is all good.

·
Premium Member
7,570 Posts
My advice would if youre doing all that,is to stick a jag front clip in and a jag rear.that way pcd is the same,all modernish suspension so it would drive nice,not like an old truck.power steering as standard.

Only say that as the whole front end will be off and really only a days extra work to fit the clip,though the steering column would need modifying.

And youre need to swap the brake m/c out for one suitable for discs,but these are cheap as chips now and come with servo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts