Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Shedster, Not meaning to be contentious or start a row but I can honestly answer yes to the three questions and I personally know 5 of the 6 "FREE"'s to be true.

It might be propaganda but its the weak willed and gullible (read politicians) that have allowed this country to become what it has.

Anyway, I don't do politics, I'm off down the pub with the Car Club now, after I've gone and fed and watered me mates dog cos he's away for a coupla days.

Laterz ..............

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
This is how we found it to be being working and British,
We had private rented all our married life [ 22 years at the time ] and always been in full time work, we had been on the council waiting list for 21 years!! when we were given notice to quit [ through no fault of our own as the landlord wanted to knock the arse out the house and extend ] when we went back to the council we were told that they can't help, after many times trying we called in our local mp [ Virginia bottomley ] and she took us to a meeting with the head of housing where again we were told they had no housing, the mp then pulled out a piece of paper and read out a list of empty house's that our council had and the reply we had back was they were for "our foreign friends" and that they come first over any waiting list the council hold!! we were kept in limbo until the day we were out on the street and it took our mp to threaten Court action against the council to finally get them to give us [ family of four ] a temp flat, yep I'm real proud to be british..........not.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i saw this ages ago on an american car forum, there was a thread moaning about the mexican 'problem' they were having and someone posted that, along with taking the piss that we (the british) had it worse than anyone as our goverment will not be seen by the outside world to be in any way 'racist' by not allowing entry and the above mentioned house etc :tdown:

we're a laughing stock !! worldwide :shake:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,496 Posts
If I remeber correctly Paul ( Paul) posted over on the NSRA re this as he actually works in this field. From memory its not as simple as many believe it to be to enter this country and claim benefits . hpefully he can fill you in on the full details.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
freeloaders

i personally believe ANY LAW ABIDING PERSON should be allowed to come to this country. heres the rules
1 THEY MUST BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES FOR 5 YEARS MINIMUM
2 THEY WILL NEVER GET FREE HEALTHCARE OR LEGAL ASSISTANCE
3 THEY MUST FIND THEIR OWN HOUSING
4 THEY MUST ABIDE BY OUR LAWS.....NO EXCEPTIONS
5 THEY MUST HAVE A JOB OR BUSINESS ALREADY LINED UP
extreme?......if you think it is why dont you try emigrating to various countries who dont have our welfare debt and see how you get on if you dont fit their criteria.

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
It's funny how people make a life on the dole (or 'benefits', to give it it's populist term) is a piece of cake.
Yes, you get Housing Benefit, yes you get the benefit money,

But
Free Utilities?
Free Food?
I'm not sure where in the country the benefits agency stretches to that.

Free Transportation
Well yes, in London, if you are on Income support you can get free BUS travel..
Wow, that's a reason to give up working... I can travel on a BUS that doesn't go where I want it to.

Free medical Services
The only free services that someone on IS gets that a working person doesn't is Prescriptions.
Medical services are free at the point of use and always have been under the NHS. (Technically you could say that working people pay through National Insurance contributions, but that's a specious argument)

Free legal services
is this legal aid that's being refered to here? because that's only available in limited cases for specific things.

So yeah, I think I will give up my well paid job, my company car, my Gasser, My MG Midget, my foreign holidays, and my trips to Le Mans so that I can have my rent paid (But not my mortgage other than the interest payments) and the ability to travel on a bus for free and get free Paracetemol on prescription.
Thanks for the tip.

Of course you COULD get all this on the Dole, but it requires some heavy law breaking and quite a lot of looking over your shoulder.

PS(I spent 10 years on the Dole in the 1980's because I couldn't find a job in the North)

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
It is a problem that people will get a bee in their bonnet about how bad this country is....
Full of paedophile, knife wielding, binge drinking, crackheads, who will mug your granny for 50p and they can all cite the fact that they know of someone who knows of someone who met someone who was told that an immigrant is living in a 27 bedroom house in Buckinghamshire and drives around in a Bentley with his supermodel girlfriend, all supplied by the DSS because he claimed asylum.
The problem is that these same people switch off what facts are presented to them.
It's easier to spout what the gutter press tell you than to think.

·
Why isn't it 1963?
539 Posts
"Of course you COULD get all this on the Dole, but it requires some heavy law breaking and quite a lot of looking over your shoulder."

Yes,and people do,I personally know several who have worked on the sly for years,on and off,when it suits them,have a great lifestyle for themselves & family whilst claiming all the benefits they can & have never been caught.
I had to get paralized in a WORK accident before I could provide a comfortable and secure life for mine.In this present enviornment keeping your nose clean and playing by the rules seems to get you butt-fucked by a goverment who is not interested in rewarding honesty or listening to what their electorate has to say.
I'm english and proud,but that seems to be worth nothing these days
Paul

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i personally believe ANY LAW ABIDING PERSON should be allowed to come to this country. heres the rules
extreme?......if you think it is why dont you try emigrating to various countries who dont have our welfare debt and see how you get on if you dont fit their criteria.
Spot on post:tup:personally I'm sick of paying the parasites bills. Wish there was a political party that cared about the workers/taxpayers.
Tragic how Britain has gone from World Power to economic and social basket case:sniff:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
"Of course you COULD get all this on the Dole, but it requires some heavy law breaking and quite a lot of looking over your shoulder."

Yes,and people do,I personally know several who have worked on the sly for years,on and off,when it suits them,have a great lifestyle for themselves & family whilst claiming all the benefits they can & have never been caught.
I had to get paralized in a WORK accident before I could provide a comfortable and secure life for mine.In this present enviornment keeping your nose clean and playing by the rules seems to get you butt-fucked by a goverment who is not interested in rewarding honesty or listening to what their electorate has to say.
I'm english and proud,but that seems to be worth nothing these days
Paul
Agreed KF, there is a problem with those who cheat the system, but that is not what the original poster was saying.
His point was that you could have a fantastic lifestyle simply by claiming benefits. A statement that is so untrue it hardly bears discussing.
Added to that this kind of discussion always descends into the "I'm English, (white) and put upon because all these foreigners(Immigrants, Non-White) are coming over here and taking my country from me.
Wake up people, your country is not being 'stolen' by foreigners, you're being lead and 'informed' by the same class and mechanism that has laid down the same line for centuries, the only thing that changes is the nationality of those who are taking over.
The Hugenots, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Italians, Germans, West Indians, East African Asians, Indian, pakistanis, Poles and Somalians were all taking over in their turn, while those who rule still rule. They have to make sure that you have a 'bogeyman' to fear

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Tragic how Britain has gone from World Power to economic and social basket case:sniff:
This one has always confused me..
If we're such an economic and social basketcase why is it that these evil illegals want to get here so badly?

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
Yup I agree there, we were a world power, and if my great grandfather, who fought against The Boers, The fuzzy wuzzys, The Indian mutineers, The Aborigine's and The Maori's and helped to conquer their countries and rule them for centuries while stripping them of their wealth and putting down revolutions and uprisings in the name of the King heard that people were trying to take my country away from me he would be spinning in his grave.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
and speak english.:shocked:

1 - 20 of 321 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.